Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

The only possible explanation for signing Drinkwater was Terry who thought he was a good lad. Can't see any other sense in it and thats proved to be the case. 

The year we got relegated was an utter embarrassment and we aren't at those levels yet. But we are heading in that direction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

The stupidity of this signing is right up there with when the club hired McLeish as manager.

What were they thinking? The guy is a walking disaster and has been for a while now. Drunk driving, bar fights, visibly out of shape and no football for almost 3 seasons.

Exactly the type of personality and influence you don't want near or around the cub. Didn't Terry play with him? He must have known, or at least heard from his buddies at Chelsea.

There was only ever one way this was going to end.

There's no way of us knowing but I wouldn't be surprised if JT was the main one to think Drinkwater was worth a punt. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I think Villa need to act now more like a company than a football club. If I had a person working for me short term and he assaulted a permanent member of my staff he would be gone within the hour. Even if it means paying whatever wages we have agreed for the rest of the season. It only takes one or two bad eggs in a group to really bring the morale down. 

Get him out the door as soon as possible. 

It does make you wonder. I mean, there are stories doing the rounds saying we are 'locked in' on payments even if we drop him. What other business works that way? Surely nutting a coworker is gross misconduct and the guy gets sent to HR for an exit interview?

4 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

It does make you wonder. I mean, there are stories doing the rounds saying we are 'locked in' on payments even if we drop him. What other business works that way? Surely nutting a coworker is gross misconduct and the guy gets sent to HR for an exit interview?

Complete joke if it's true that you can't be sacked without pay for nutting someone at work. 

5 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I'm no expert on this but I have been involved in similar cases. It will come down to a number of factors. Firstly, the contract between Villa and Chelsea will have terms that most likely say we pay X% of his wages for the remainder of the season. Chelsea most likely have no recall clause and Villa have no terms to terminate the agreement so the agreement finishes at the end of the season. We can send him back but that most likely is allowed for (we pay all remaining fees). That's the contract. 

A lot will come down to Jota. Villa have a duty to every employee (player and staff) to ensure they work is a safe environment. If this incident happened during the course of normal footballing activities (two players getting a bit wound up and acting out) then it's most likely not a sack-able offence. But if Jota doesn't feel safe to be at work or the assault is seen as particularly vicious then Villa may push to have him removed. 

Either way it will turn into a legal battle and they are never cheap. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Doesn't sound good, and agree with general sentiment that this signing hasn't worked out, and with McGinn back it might be time to cancel the loan.

However - players have fights in training all the time, and "headbutt" is one of the most overused terms in football. Has he actually bust his nose open with a pub car park special or has he just squared up to him a bit too aggressively?

I really hope he manages to clean up his act, and achieve some kind of successful end to his career where he is actually starting matches regularly somewhere and enjoying his football. Just not at Villa.

Good point you know.

Was it more of a head to head squareoff where he nudged his head or?

Media definitely have a way of exxagerating things but at present it doesn't sound good.

Even if for some ludicrous reason we can't send him back without paying the rest of the loan deal off just do it. If he can't be sent back early just tell him he's not welcome at the training ground or games and let him linger at home until the deal expires. There's no space in a relegation scrap for characters like this anywhere near the team, regardless of if they're in the squad.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sack him

..and if we're unable to, just tell him to go back to Chelsea and that he's no longer needed at Bodymoor or Villa Park.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

..and if we're unable to, just tell him to go back to Chelsea and that he's no longer needed at Bodymoor or Villa Park.

Surely there'll be some misconduct clause in his contract we can use to terminate it. 

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

God what a shambles. Even if we sack this uselsss cretin the mail say we have to foot the bill until end of the season.

Absolutely stupid bit of business from the club and smith

Did Smith negotiate the contract or is Daily Mail a famous VP ITK? 

What midfielder should we have signed? 

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Â