Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Me? What is your opinion on the subject?

Nah, I meant Drinkwater tbf - I should have clarified. 

I think if the reports are true he should be sent packing immediately. 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it shows passion and that he cares for the club

I don't think we have any information to arrive at a conclusion like that. The only thing we know is that there was an altercation, as confirmed by Smith, but no other details surrounding it. 

Going by the reports, I don't see how headbutting a teammate in training can be construed as passion or caring for the club, rather just being completely unprofessional and violent. The fact that he has previous for this is a concern too. 

• Like 1

Perhaps I’m in a minority of 1, but I’m not too concerned about the odd training ground set-to?! Obviously it depends how far he went, but if it is just a bust up over a tackle or something like that in training, then so what? We need a nasty bastard or two in the team, someone to get a bit growly and not take any crap. As a team I don’t think we’re in any position to cast players aside for moral reasons, and so unless Drinkwater is causing unrest amongst the rest of the players then for me he stays and we try to get some value from our outlay. His value to Chelsea at this moment is near Nil, come the summer we might be looking at Drinkwater as just the type we need to get us back out of the championship, and he might be a steal. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

Perhaps I’m in a minority of 1, but I’m not too concerned about the odd training ground set-to?! Obviously it depends how far he went, but if it is just a bust up over a tackle or something like that in training, then so what? We need a nasty bastard or two in the team, someone to get a bit growly and not take any crap. As a team I don’t think we’re in any position to cast players aside for moral reasons, and so unless Drinkwater is causing unrest amongst the rest of the players then for me he stays and we try to get some value from our outlay. His value to Chelsea at this moment is near Nil, come the summer we might be looking at Drinkwater as just the type we need to get us back out of the championship, and he might be a steal. 

I agree with this

42 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I don't think we have any information to arrive at a conclusion like that. The only thing we know is that there was an altercation, as confirmed by Smith, but no other details surrounding it. 

Going by the reports, I don't see how headbutting a teammate in training can be construed as passion or caring for the club, rather just being completely unprofessional and violent. The fact that he has previous for this is a concern too. 

We’re too nice as a team, too easy to play against, it’s part of the reason of why we’re in a relegation scrap. Characters like Mings and Drinkwater are quite nasty as well as being England internationals and good footballers.  I think this is why Smith has brought them to the football club

1 hour ago, OxfordVillan said:

Perhaps I’m in a minority of 1, but I’m not too concerned about the odd training ground set-to?! Obviously it depends how far he went, but if it is just a bust up over a tackle or something like that in training, then so what? We need a nasty bastard or two in the team, someone to get a bit growly and not take any crap. As a team I don’t think we’re in any position to cast players aside for moral reasons, and so unless Drinkwater is causing unrest amongst the rest of the players then for me he stays and we try to get some value from our outlay. His value to Chelsea at this moment is near Nil, come the summer we might be looking at Drinkwater as just the type we need to get us back out of the championship, and he might be a steal

james franco what GIF

• Like 1

Maybe he's picked up a knock but the guys just had another session on a huge tattoo on his back, right around the time we played the cup final. Hardly seems interested in fighting for us in a relegation battle. But what I do I know, I'm not a professional footballer. I'd want to be doing extra training sessions and cardio to get match ready. He's been given two chances this season by us and Burnley to knuckle down and work hard. Neither have worked out.

3 hours ago, OxfordVillan said:

His value to Villa is nil as well mate. Haven't you watched his 'performances '?

ATB.

VLD.

8 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Until it’s officially confirmed by the club on the official site then it’s just pure speculation. In my opinion, he is a very talented footballer, it would be a shame if his Villa career ended like this. He can get on the ball and dictate play, we have few players that can do that

You know smith has confirmed this right??

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think it shows passion and that he cares for the club

I swear you're just trolling at this point.

I'm going to start flooring people at work. Maybe I'll get a promotion.

Edited by kurtsimonw

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He gets off ludicrously easy if this is true

Should just ban him from entering the club's property IMO.

You still cannot fine them more than 2 weeks wages I believe. 

It all comes down to we are paying his wages no matter what. Will it be the difference between possibly staying up or going down? Probably not but why cut off your nose.

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I swear you're just trolling at this point.

I'm going to start flooring people at work. Maybe I'll get a promotion.

Not at all, what is your job? Are you there now? It would be entertaining 

• Like 1

Â