Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

Big negative on Smith this.

I suppose the actual signing of him could have come off.

However, once he got him into training, could he not see he couldn't move? After multiple first team appearances, could he still not see he couldn't run? Why did he keep picking him?

50k a week down the pooper.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Did Smith negotiate the contract or is Daily Mail a famous VP ITK? 

What midfielder should we have signed? 

Someone who can run for 5m and not be completely gassed. Also someone who is not a massive word removed

Edited by LondonVillian
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Comfortably cemented in my lifetime worst XI. Genuinely cost us crucial points trying to "play him up to fitness" as if he was some gifted maestro in his prime. In reality he's always been bang average at best, and is now disgracefully out of shape, genuinely embarrassing to watch on a football pitch, and happy out collecting his £110k a week. His latest conduct just adds to the shambles

In fairness we did take 4 points from the 4 games he played only losing to City and Spurs (2-2 when he came off vs Spurs) 

Agree with the rest 

11 minutes ago, Zatman said:

In fairness we did take 4 points from the 4 games he played only losing to City and Spurs (2-2 when he came off vs Spurs) 

Agree with the rest 

He was appalling in every game though. We could easily have beaten Brighton, or taken something from Spurs if he wasn't producing his usual 1/10 display in the middle of the park. Wouldn't have had a confidence-destroying 1-6 embarrassment at home to City if he didn't give 3 goals away either

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

This reply shows you have no coherent answer to a perfectly legitimate question put to you. It’s very easy to rant & rave over something, displaying magical abilities in hindsight. Perhaps we could all wait to find out exact details and leave it to the club to decide the action required? 

It's not in hindsight though it was said from day 1 that he was shit and a troublemaker. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

He was appalling in every game though. We could easily have beaten Brighton, or taken something from Spurs if he wasn't producing his usual 1/10 display in the middle of the park. Wouldn't have had a confidence-destroying 1-6 embarrassment at home to City if he didn't give 3 goals away either

I mean, the 3 games immediately after this harrowing defeat resulted in a draw away at a relegation rival, beating a relegation rival and getting to a cup final by beating the 3rd best side in the league.

If that's confidence being destroyed, then I'm pretty game for it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

If there's any truth to the headbutt story his contract must be cancelled right away. 

No way this club can condone violence whoever it is. 

Yup - as good a reason as any to get rid of him. 

He was a big gamble.  Very big, but that's been our strategy ever since coming up. 

Apart from Heaton who is the exception, name me any of the signings we made in the summer or January which haven't been a gamble in one way or another?  Some maybe less so than others, but other than the goalkeeper we haven't once signed a proven PL (or other top class league) player - it's been a mixture of (1) Out of favour/reserves at PL club, (2) From a lesser standard foreign league or (3) Young with potential.

I get that we had a lot of gaps to fill, but IMO if we'd have signed one proven player in each of the core positions (GK, CD, CM, CF), we'd have been be a different team this season.  And considering the wealth of the owners combined with what we ended up spending, I'm disappointed we didn't manage that.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, OxfordVillan said:

You’re an angry guy, aren’t you?! Everything alright at home?

Not sure what goes on in the oxford household but that doesnt in mine. Im perfectly fine thanks weather good im alive. 

Im probably one of the least angry people you will ever meet so your not a very good judge of charchter.

But anyway if you want to talk villa im down 😁

He should have his contract cancelled and be sent back to Chelsea. He can cover the cost of any lost revenue for his parent club as we should not have to pay a penny for getting rid of someone for gross misconduct / assault. The guy's a scumbag.

Â