Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

6 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Don't rely care that much about the headbutting, just prefer to see the back of him because he's crap. Jog on

Why do you think he is crap? Chelsea paid £30m for him not so long ago, did they think he was crap? 

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Why do you think he is crap? Chelsea paid £30m for him not so long ago, did they think he was crap? 

I think he can play football but he's obscenely off the pace, he was a vital cog in a Leicester title winning team 4 or 5 years ago which is why they bought him. That drinkwater seems to have gone. On evidence of watching him this season for us he either isn't bothered or or hasn't got the legs any more. 

33 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

I think he can play football but he's obscenely off the pace, he was a vital cog in a Leicester title winning team 4 or 5 years ago which is why they bought him. That drinkwater seems to have gone. On evidence of watching him this season for us he either isn't bothered or or hasn't got the legs any more. 

He’s only 30, he should have a few more years left in him. When he gets on the ball and sprays passes around, he’s great to watch but sadly I think the damage has already been done :(

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 13/03/2020 at 22:23, kiltorken said:

he either isn't bothered or or hasn't got the legs any more. 

It's probably both. When he got called up for England apparently he wasn't interested in playing for them at all. Never a good sign that a player actually likes playing football.

4 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Was a DS signing, and undoubtedly the worst signing we've made.

A fitting indictment of a manager not up to the task of building a pl team. 

Did we have much of a choice? We needed a midfielder badly, who could we have realistically got? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Did we have much of a choice? We needed a midfielder badly, who could we have realistically got? 

Given the amount of playing time he has had, the trouble he has caused, the poor performances in the small playing time he has had, i'd have rather not have signed anyone.

I'm not a scout, but there were more than 20 central midfielders signed by premier league clubs in january, so to say there were no other options is nieve. There are plenty of players across europe we might have approached on loan.

But i say again, based on what he has brought to the club, i firmly believe that not signing him would have been better.  I find it difficult to understand how anyone could hold a different view based on how poor he has been, and the friction in the squad he has caused, and his overall poor behaviour.

Terrible signing, and as i say, a firm reflection of how DS is simply not up to the task of assembling a squad capable of competing at this level.

22 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

there were more than 20 central midfielders signed by premier league clubs in january

Were there?!

Excluding both loans that ended or were made permanent as signings it only looks like 5 or so.

1 hour ago, flashingqwerty said:

Was a DS signing, and undoubtedly the worst signing we've made.

A fitting indictment of a manager not up to the task of building a pl team. 

Was it? John Terry had a part to play in it. Drinkwater obviously has underlying issues that we haven't got the time to deal with. He needs to be removed from the squad, we should not be expected to pay his wages its gross misconduct. 

17 minutes ago, tinker said:

Was it? John Terry had a part to play in it. Drinkwater obviously has underlying issues that we haven't got the time to deal with. He needs to be removed from the squad, we should not be expected to pay his wages its gross misconduct. 

Look at quotes directly from DS where he says the signing was made because of the desire in drinkwaters eyes and how ds had wanted to sign him in the summer but was beaten to it.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Were there?!

Excluding both loans that ended or were made permanent as signings it only looks like 5 or so.

Yeah was looking at it myself and not many centre midfielders were signed in January. Drinkwater has been shit but was a gamble and its all we could attract in the market especially when we also needed a striker and goalkeeper 

8 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Were there?!

1. Bruno Fernandes

2. Ben Sheaf

3. Emile Smith Rowe

4. James Olayinka

5. Matt Butcher

6. Aaron Mooy

7. Alex Dobre

8. Max Sanders

9. James Tilley

10. Tudor Baluta

11. Henry Ogunby

12. Josh Brownhill

13. Scott Banks

14. Takumi Minamino

15. Nabil Bentaleb

16. Stan Flaherty

17. Ondreij Duda

18. Lukas Rupp

19. Melvin Sitti

20. Jack Rodwell

21. Sander Berge

22. Jacob Maddox

23. Gedson Fernandes

24. Giovanni lo Celso

25. Tomas Soucek

26. Enzo Loiodice

Thats after a brief look at transfers just involving pl teams.

I'm not saying we could or should have signed any of these, but i doubt any of them could have been worse or more damaging signings than drinkwater.

And of course this list doesnt include the many, many, other players we might have been able to sign, that never moved in the jan window.  So to say there were no other options is piffle.

Â