Danny Drinkwater

StefanAVFC

His career is over as a top level professional and he clearly has some issues going on there so I don't really want to comment more on that.

Why we decided to take him on given his past mistakes and lack of match fitness was baffling then and baffling now.

Very strange.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

said many times......Drinkwater + Nkamba is solid.

nice protection from the pourus defence. good results with these pair....brighton away and watford home.

I enjoy your posts Screwy. Little correction though, we were losing both games 1-0 when he was subbed.

The lovable Douglas Luiz played a big part in getting those four points.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I enjoy your posts Screwy. Little correction though, we were losing both games 1-0 when he was subbed.

The lovable Douglas Luiz played a big part in getting those four points.

That doesn’t necessarily mean it wasn’t a smart move to start Drinkwater and let Douglas come off the bench, which he is way better at than starting.

Now I don’t think we should be starting Drinkwater by any means but I do think there’s more to the above post than meets the eye!

• Like 1

Doesn't sound good, and agree with general sentiment that this signing hasn't worked out, and with McGinn back it might be time to cancel the loan.

However - players have fights in training all the time, and "headbutt" is one of the most overused terms in football. Has he actually bust his nose open with a pub car park special or has he just squared up to him a bit too aggressively?

I really hope he manages to clean up his act, and achieve some kind of successful end to his career where he is actually starting matches regularly somewhere and enjoying his football. Just not at Villa.

• Like 1

Aaah brilliant signing dean. Eveeyone else saw how crap this guy was. We warned you. You still chose him despite his absymal performances.

As for drinkwater get out of our club you useless waste of space. Hasbeen

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Doesn't sound good, and agree with general sentiment that this signing hasn't worked out, and with McGinn back it might be time to cancel the loan.

However - players have fights in training all the time, and "headbutt" is one of the most overused terms in football. Has he actually bust his nose open with a pub car park special or has he just squared up to him a bit too aggressively?

I really hope he manages to clean up his act, and achieve some kind of successful end to his career where he is actually starting matches regularly somewhere and enjoying his football. Just not at Villa.

This is a wonderful metaphor.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Surely they will terminate his loan after that, not like he’s done anything for us on the pitch 

Wouldn't say that. According to stat site Whoscored he has a rating of 5.74 meaning he is ranked 4th to bottom out of all 492 players that have taken part in this seasons Premier League.

Non of the 3 players ranked worse than him (one of them is Borja Baston) has participated in more than 1 game.

Consistently useless.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Wouldn't say that. According to stat site Whoscored he has a rating of 5.74 meaning he is ranked 4th to bottom out of all 492 players that have taken part in this seasons Premier League.

Non of the 3 players ranked worse than him (one of them is Borja Baston) has participated in more than 1 game.

Consistently useless.

And behind the scenes he is a creep. I have  a mate that works at Burnley and he told me drinkwater is a utter arsehole.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

And behind the scenes he is a creep. I have  a mate that works at Burnley and he told me drinkwater is a utter arsehole.

I know we were desperate but a lot of questions has to be asked to the people who green-lit this transfer.

Fit and proper he was not. Surely everyone must have knows what type of person he is and they still OK'd it.

10 minutes ago, sne said:

I know we were desperate but a lot of questions has to be asked to the people who green-lit this transfer.

Fit and proper he was not. Surely everyone must have knows what type of person he is and they still OK'd it.

I agree sne. Makes absolutely no sense. A panic buy like baston.  Lets not forget we did the same with carroll last year.

It shows poor planning on our part if the best we can find is thug like drinkwater

• Like 1

Â