195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

17 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The best coaches are in Germany and that’s where we should look.

The results of a shambolic Euro 2000. Completely overhauled their system and progression for coaching and football in general after that. 

English head coaches need improvement we're just not the best.

Sean Dyche ??

Steady & Reliable but has never had the opportunity to buy quality players.

Who knows? Could be a world beater with some cash to spend !!!

Edited by gurru991
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

The results of a shambolic Euro 2000. Completely overhauled their system and progression for coaching and football in general after that. 

English head coaches need improvement we're just not the best.

I've read actually that the real final straw was the 5-1 (seriously) 

39 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Sean Dyche ??

That's a big No from me. 

Maybe Brendan Rogers wants to come to Villa and manage a big club again 😜

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Lives close to Leicester dosen't he?😉

No idea but lets be honest..... everyone would like to live close to Leicester 🤣🤣

Was looking at Leicester and Man Utd's fixtures last night, wouldn't surprise me too much if you United sneaked into the top four at the Foxes' expense, hope we can do our part to stop them doing that though.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Was looking at Leicester and Man Utd's fixtures last night, wouldn't surprise me too much if you United sneaked into the top four at the Foxes' expense, hope we can do our part to stop them doing that though.

I would greatly appreciate that because in all honesty we have looked like shite since the restart.

9 minutes ago, nick76 said:

That's a big No from me. 

Maybe Brendan Rogers wants to come to Villa and manage a big club again 😜

Well Done !!!

That was good !!!.

🤣🤣

• Thanks 1

Smith did an interview for podcast recently where he talked about data analysis of possible new players being a succesful model that he's worked with, but in referencing it he referred to his time at Brentford, the pauses and the cadences in his speech implied silently that it's something that we don't to his regret do, or not to the same extent.

And then recently you had Wes Edens saying that he's been talking with the Arsenal and Liverpool owners about recruitment and him saying that you have to get the data right. Did make me wonder if we were going to try and have a similar set up to Brentford above Dean, or some other manager if it comes that, as at the moment I think it's just Suso and I think he's more a man with contacts with agents and scouts, rather than someone who'd a DOF in the modern sense of the word.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

Sean Dyche ??

Thing is Dyche was given the chance to get relegated and promoted again to turn Burnley into a stable club so I don't know why we wouldn't just give Dean the same opportunity.  Unless we were able to pick up a top class manager like Rafa then I'm not sure I'd make a change as I'm pretty sure we would come straight back up under Dean and we would have less turnover of players compared to last summer thus have more chance of staying up.

37 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

top class manager like Rafa

Not specifically aimed at you but this makes Me chuckle when regularly peddled out as he is a gloried Spanish Bruce and best years are behind him ...

28 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not specifically aimed at you but this makes Me chuckle when regularly peddled out as he is a gloried Spanish Bruce and best years are behind him ...

His style of play is relatively similar, but his approach is very different.

Made me laugh reading about the 'expansive passing style' Bruce has brought to Newcastle. The bias goes both ways!

And no, I wouldn't want Rafa as a manager.

if it's between keeping smith and howe, i'm keeping smith. It looks like Howe has a tendency to fall out with players and they are never to be seen in a Bournemouth kit again. Also wouldn't be able to stand being the club that continually buys Liverpool's reserves for 10 million 

• Like 1

Christ, Dyche!

Smith hasn't had two years yet and is being hounded out with a promotion, a cup final, a club record run of wins. All this when he's been given a terrible squad to compete.

Dyche wouldn't last 6 months trying to get his lump and battle football going. Thought of Wesley trying to do to quite amusing though.

You see Burnley now? That's the absolute best you'll ever get under Dyche.  We won't even get that far because Burnley have all the best big fat lads who are willing to play that football. Others will simply refuse to do it.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, useless said:

Smith did an interview for podcast recently where he talked about data analysis of possible new players being a succesful model that he's worked with, but in referencing it he referred to his time at Brentford, the pauses and the cadences in his speech implied silently that it's something that we don't to his regret do, or not to the same extent.

And then recently you had Wes Edens saying that he's been talking with the Arsenal and Liverpool owners about recruitment and him saying that you have to get the data right. Did make me wonder if we were going to try and have a similar set up to Brentford above Dean, or some other manager if it comes that, as at the moment I think it's just Suso and I think he's more a man with contacts with agents and scouts, rather than someone who'd a DOF in the modern sense of the word.

I really hope you are right.

17 hours ago, BigJim said:

IF we stay up, is there a chance the board might keep Smith and fire Suso?  Smith hasn't had the support he needed, he could do better with a different DF.

Jim - the Director of Football  - is not responsible for

coaching the players basics!

team strategy 

defending as a team

game management 

motivation  

Smith as much as we appreciate his efforts last season is woefully out of his depth at this level  this is embarrassingly clear . 

I think the whole structure inside VP  needs to be reviewed as its not working !

9 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

if it's between keeping smith and howe, i'm keeping smith. It looks like Howe has a tendency to fall out with players and they are never to be seen in a Bournemouth kit again. Also wouldn't be able to stand being the club that continually buys Liverpool's reserves for 10 million 

Don't worry, we buy trezeguets for 8/9m a pop, we are doing our best to match them.

Â