195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bjarnason was a Bruce signing, Hutton he gave a new deal to.

Wasn't really a direct criticism of Bruce but we are trying get away from that issue

my apologies about bb - and not many were complaining about hutton.

anyway, i'm just in an argumentative mood...i actually agree that i think sam's transfer business would reflect the older, experienced player with no sell on value and high wages (assuming that's what you were alluding to) and for that reason i wouldn't want him either

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

4 loans - axel, mings, al ghazi, tammy

hutton - cant remember but not a bruce signing

adomah - RDM signing

elphick - RDM

de laet - RDM

mccormack - RDM

bjarnson - RDM

gardner - youth product

whelan - granted, he was a bruce signing

Such a shame Steve Bruce never had a transfer window here so he could have replaced some of our older players with his own men. I'd bet he'd have turned his nose up at expensive short term fixes and really helped to mould us into a PL ready team. Guess we'll never know how that would have turned out

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sams over 60 he won’t want a long term so I don’t understand this he I’ll want a three year deal. It would probably suit him to have a year deal for now. EVen if we went down I fancy Sam to get s straight back up. He has done it before 

your last sentence makes nonsense t0 me either. You would rather go down so I agree with that completely

He might not want to work for 3 years, but he absolutely will want to earn 3 years worth of salary. Any manager taking over now will demand a 3 year contract for the simple point that they'll probably be sacked well before then and take the compensation 

Should DS go, which I doubt anyway but we are not a big pull for a top manager so how about a manager who has learnt the ropes been sacked and come back from it and done well and is maybe ready for a bigger job? 

Someone like Bilić?

What the players need is a tough manager to come in and give them all a short sharp shock!

The lackadaisical approach to gameplay has become endemic through out the team. We have ball watching defenders who continually fail to track runners, we have a midfield that fails to press the opposition and supply an isolated striker, and we have our most important player dropping far too deep in an effort to get on the ball. Even our keeper is making uncharacteristic errors of judgement behind a defence he clearly doesn't trust.

Smith has gone past the point where he can reverse this trend dramatically in our last ten matches, so a new "kick up the arse" manager might be our only hope of survival. Four "new manager bounce" wins might just get the job done.

I don't expect it to happen by the way.

8 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sams over 60 he won’t want a long term so I don’t understand this he I’ll want a three year deal. It would probably suit him to have a year deal for now.

Because a 3 year deal gets him a massive pay off when he's sacked.

It's not really anything to do with how long he'd be managing for

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Because a 3 year deal gets him a massive pay off when he's sacked.

It's not really anything to do with how long he'd be managing for

Im confident sam would accept a 18 month contract with a extra year option should the club want to exercise that

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Why did we need to replace 12 players in summer? 

We might have to replace that many next season under smith!!

But bruce did actually contribute towards our prromotion with the players he signed that cant be denied.

Had we come in the season with the likes of adomah Hutton etc we would be complete rock bottom 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Im confident sam would accept a 18 month contract with a extra year option should the club want to exercise that

Based on what?

And that basically is a 3 year deal :) 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

We might have to replace that many next season under smith!!

But bruce did actually contribute towards our prromotion with the players he signed that cant be denied.

Yeah, both of these points seem to be glossed over.

This summer, we'll likely have to replace almost the entire team again. A combination of offers coming in and players not wanting to play in the Championship. Our current squad isn't massive, so I don't think 12 signings this summer is going to be far too wrong when you consider outgoings we'll have.

Criticising Bruce for loaning players is a bit weird. That's how the Championship works. With FFP, there's not exactly a lot you can do when the previous manager has already thrown a hundred million up the wall.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zab6359 said:

Should DS go, which I doubt anyway but we are not a big pull for a top manager so how about a manager who has learnt the ropes been sacked and come back from it and done well and is maybe ready for a bigger job? 

Someone like Bilić?

Leave a club that are fighting for the championship and automatic promotion to take over a team that are possibly going to get relegated? Or do you mean someone of Bilic's record/experience?

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yeah, both of these points seem to be glossed over.

This summer, we'll likely have to replace almost the entire team again. A combination of offers coming in and players not wanting to play in the Championship. Our current squad isn't massive, so I don't think 12 signings this summer is going to be far too wrong when you consider outgoings we'll have.

Criticising Bruce for loaning players is a bit weird. That's how the Championship works. With FFP, there's not exactly a lot you can do when the previous manager has already thrown a hundred million up the wall.

Yeah i agree they are glossed over. I think bruce actually did a pretty good job with the signings he made. He just wasnt very good at using them.

12 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah i agree they are glossed over. I think bruce actually did a pretty good job with the signings he made. He just wasnt very good at using them.

I’d agree with that. His signings on the whole were decent, provided we don’t look to closely at the balance of the squad. (One centre back, played at right back). He was just fairly clueless when it came to knowing what to do with them. 

big sam loves the filthy lucra. why do you think he got sacked from england? Im sure his salary was enough to keep anyone happy he just loves making a cheeky few notes through a side hussle.

so the as long as the survival bonus is big enough I don't think he would be bothered about a long contract.

On 30/12/2019 at 17:36, OxfordVillan said:

Absolutely no chance of Grealish staying at the club if we were to be relegated, you should remove that from your thoughts ASAP to save yourself any unnecessary future heartache. Pundits across the media are now touting him as a certainty for the Euro20 squad, and in a few cases urging the bigger clubs to get offers in. They’ve finally recognised his talents as different & unique to anything else England have. If he stays injury free then he’s a £60m+ player at seasons end, possibly £70m+ after the Euros. He won’t be playing championship football next season. We’ll struggle to retain him beyond the summer if we remain an Premier League club, let alone a championship club. 

Yeah and you try to replace him for £70 mill....even if it was him out, one in......as an example....so maguire is worth more, Yeah.

You would'nt buy a Jack Grealish for that money....so why sell him for it.

what was Dwight Yorke? laughable transfer fee...and Milner.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Would take Terry over Smith 

Would take Gerrard over Terry

Would take Allardyce over Gerrard

Would take Benitez over Allardyce

Would take Pochettino over Benitez

Would  take Klopp over Pochettino

Edited by villalad21

15 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sams over 60 he won’t want a long term so I don’t understand this he I’ll want a three year deal. It would probably suit him to have a year deal for now. EVen if we went down I fancy Sam to get s straight back up. He has done it before 

your last sentence makes nonsense t0 me either. You would rather go down so I agree with that completely

No my point was I don't see how being relegated with Big Sam would be worse than being relegated u see Dean as there are some posters who have said they would rather be relegated with Dean than stop up with Sam which to me is absolute rubbish.

• Like 1

Â