195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

I suspect we will go for a cheap option same for players. I know our owners wanted to spend more last season but in a COVID world it would be courageous to invest before they know how the sport business overall will look in a years time.

7 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

I suspect we will go for a cheap option same for players. I know our owners wanted to spend more last season but in a COVID world it would be courageous to invest before they know how the sport business overall will look in a years time.

That would be a very disappointing way of reacting to the crisis and lifting of FFP from our owners. That is exactly what a weak owner would do.

Our owners need to take advantage of this situation and be aggressive. Now is a time to make long-lasting big moves that perhaps are not there in normal times.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

River to Villa, not sure that’s on his next to do list.  Likewise we are unlikely to take such a major risk with him.

For me, don't know why, I'd go and try and get Steven Gerrard out of Rangers.    I also like the fact hes got Gary Mc with him as No2

think we could build something with a bloke like Gerrard at the Helm.

18 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

For me, don't know why, I'd go and try and get Steven Gerrard out of Rangers.    I also like the fact hes got Gary Mc with him as No2

Not sure if he would want to take over a Championship club though.

Edited by villalad21

On 22/06/2020 at 13:57, Adbo9 said:

Gerrard has done **** all in management. Outcoached by Neil Lennon andI wouldn't want that clearing in the woods either

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard has done **** all in management. Outcoached by Neil Lennon andI wouldn't want that clearing in the woods either

Celtic have a vastly better squad.

It's like Dortmund and Red Bull Leipzig trying to catch BM.

Edited by villalad21

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Celtic have a vastly better squad.

It's like Dortmund and Red Bull Leipzig trying to catch BM.

So it's not always down to the manager - he is just one of the many cogs in a footballing machine.

Dean Smith in!!!!! (unless he only plays 1 up front tonight - then out!)😉

It's quite an unimaginative list this. Not sure any of them quite work - Poch wouldn't take it, Benitez would be a good move but doesn't get on with Purslow, Fat Sam isn't a good long term solution, and Henry is just desperation. 

Managers like Hassenhuttl and Nuno were both clever finds who were not too well known on these shores. I suspect that's the route we'll need to go down if we're to get success here rather than going for one of the usual suspects. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

Sounds like the best option is sticking with Dean,some of those  suggested aren’t options more like dreams.

Graham Taylor and Ron Atkinson were considered ungettable.

The evidence is overwhelming we have to break this cycle of "might be ok" managers. We can't wait and hope we find ourselves eastablished in the PL before getting a top manager in.

• Like 1

Rafa  benitez would have been Villa manager but wanted £30 million minimum in transfer funds to improve us. We said no and he ended up at Newcastle. We are a potentially attractive club to manage with enough funds to be comfortable. With a top manager we can shop at selfridges.

Â