195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Tin hat on. Allardyce. 

If no one dexent fancied taking this on just yet until they knew our League status for next season then I would draft in Big Sam for the remaining games of the season and a brown envelope at the end for a job well done.

Do you know what, assuming we do get relegated then I’d take Hughton in a heartbeat. 

Knows how to get teams out of the championship. While not spectacular, knows how to set up a team to be solid and win matches without having to resort to brutish long ball tactics. 

One thing I do know is that he would solidify us in the PL within 3 years, and for all your Poch/Rafa bollocks some of you need to get a grip on reality.

Another thing, I’m sure Hughton would be totally honoured to manage our club.

Only way Terry has a chance of getting the job is if they sack Smith now and he's the only other choice and gets it in a caretaker capacity and then impresses enough that they keep him on. If Smith leaves at the end of the season they will want a clean break, and Terry will be seen as part of the problem.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, useless said:

Only way Terry has a chance of getting the job is if they sack Smith now and he's the only other choice and gets it in a caretaker capacity and then impresses enough that they keep him on. If Smith leaves at the end of the season they will want a clean break, and Terry will be seen as part of the problem.

If it gets to season end - and they don't want to make a splash on a big name - I can see Smith staying almost by default.

10 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Do you know what, assuming we do get relegated then I’d take Hughton in a heartbeat. 

Knows how to get teams out of the championship. While not spectacular, knows how to set up a team to be solid and win matches without having to resort to brutish long ball tactics. 

One thing I do know is that he would solidify us in the PL within 3 years, and for all your Poch/Rafa bollocks some of you need to get a grip on reality.

We could do worse - but he is only really Steve Bruce level. - perhaps less as Bruce has managed some big clubs.

I know he isn't old - but I also get a yesterday s man feel about him.

Edited by hippo

49 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Definitely a good shout, think he might be coming to England within a few years. 

He plays good football a excellent european coach and reminds me of nuno. This is the kind of name we should be looking at

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, hippo said:

Left field option.....

Gareth Southgate 

Why do people think he’s  a good manager hes a face that caters to the media and thats it, his run with the england team is similar to our cup run it was very easy and the draw was in his favor, Chris Coleman did a better job with wales in the euros and look at his disaster run with sunderland after.  

• Like 1

Southgate strikes me as someone who copies other managers without really knowing why they do it. Ala Walker at right CB when Pep was doing it.

Not convinced he's a good manager at all and was exceptionally lucky to get one of the easiest routes to a semi-final I've ever seen which he'll live off for a while.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

The exact same words were used when we were considering steve bruce

Van Gaal. Call me mental but if the owners are as ambitious as they say they need to be bending over backwards and offering the world to guys like this. FFP will be **** off for the next few years, give him a China style contract and wave our balls around in the championship like Newcastle did with Rafa.

Builds a system and style, promotes youth. Typically leaves a team in a better state than he took over in. 

Rafa would have been viewed as impossible when he went to Newcastle, they were right in a mess when he took over. Had the extra games prior to relegation to create a system and style, work out who fit and rolled that on into the championship season and walked it. Pay mediocre and get mediocre. Pay cheap buy twice and all that. Let’s go for it this time ffs

• Like 1

If there is no ffp and that includes the championship we need to invest in a top coach and give him a big budget.

Selk grealish and mings.  Get rid of el ghazi trez taylor and nyland 

Try keep mcginn nakamba samatta and wesley. Konsa hause and engles i think will be good at championship level. You just need a manager who knows what he is doing and can add some quality

Â