195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

As great as this would be it would also involved sacking Smith, O'Kelly, Terry & Purslow all to bring in 1 manager and his men..

I also agree with should be looking at a more proven manager who has done things and can take us to the next level..

Rather than just hiring mediocre managers that just go round in a cycle of steadying the ship.. 

If that's the approach then give Fat Sam a call and give him the remaining games left to grab us survival then go and hire Pochettino or someone of that ilk.

If we were midtable and promised a huge budget i think poch could have been lured.

Just now, M_Afro said:

But where do we want to be? Wolves showed ambition to get Nuno. Look where that’s got them in a very small space of time. That could never happen with someone like Hughton. We need someone who is going to change the fortunes of the club. Everything is in place otherwise. 

Wolves only got him because of the owners relationship with mendes. If their owners didnt ahve mendes they would been still in the championship. Wolves were signing top level premier league players in the championship for not even that big money.

I think for what we currently need if we couldnt rafa i think hughton woukd be good. I think he brings us straight back tbh 

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I just cant see rafa working under purslow after the milk rant back at liverpool. Thats really annoying

I don't give a crap what happens with Purslow.

Why is Dean still in a job? 

Purslow talks a big game but doesn't got ba**s to make the necessary and hard decisions.

Look at Watford. Absolutely ruthless this season. No room for failure if you want to be successful.

When Nuno joined Wolves he'd just been sacked by Porto for not being good enough, the fans turned on him at Valencia, at the time he wasn't seen as some major coup, in fact I bet most football fans in this country hadn't even heard of him. So getting someone like him as his status was before joining Wolves shouldn't be an unrealistic proposition, and wouldn't need Mendes involvement.

11 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

But where do we want to be? Wolves showed ambition to get Nuno. Look where that’s got them in a very small space of time. That could never happen with someone like Hughton. We need someone who is going to change the fortunes of the club. Everything is in place otherwise. 

Was Nuno that highly rated when wolves got him ? (Genuine question ) - it didn't seem much of a coup at the time ?

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Wolves only got him because of the owners relationship with mendes. If their owners didnt ahve mendes they would been still in the championship. Wolves were signing top level premier league players in the championship for not even that big money.

I think for what we currently need if we couldnt rafa i think hughton woukd be good. I think he brings us straight back tbh 

A big no from me for Hughton i'm afraid, i've had enough of ex- bluenose managers stinking up the place :lol:

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

At this point id rather offer hughton a contract until end of season with if he keeps us up or we see improvememt offer him a 2 year deal once season is offer with

That ship has sailed for me.

Houghton my initial reaction "might be ok"  like a few other appointments over the last 10 years.

Nuno was well regarded when he joined Wolves but not so well regarded that a well backed championship club with serious ambitions couldn't hope to make a similar appointment. But who would represent a similar appointment at this moment in time I'm not sure, I guess someone who's had relative success in decent leagues, but not so succesful that the very elite clubs want him.

But when I say a similar appointment I don't think we should be trying to copy the Wolves' model or giving a job to a manager just because we hope he's the next Nuno, reminds me of when people were saying we should copy the Southampton model and the Swansea model, I don't think it will work copying other clubs, we have to come up with our own plan to succeed.

• Like 1

Tin hat time and only asking what others think, but would anyone fancy Steven Gerrard?

He’d be a media wet dream in the Championship.  We’d be on the box every week and he’d hopefully gain the confidence to build a side ready for the Premier League.  No idea personally of his coaching ability, but he’d attract a player to come and play for us I’m sure.  

Why couldn't we just see out the season with someone from within in the club? Not Terry for me. I'd rather go with a less known entity. Is Delaney still working as a youth team coach? 

I feel like Gerrard's name only comes up because of his name, if someone like Stephen Hunt who retired at the same time as Gerrard had have gone to Ranger and done the same job, I doubt anyone would be suggesting him as possible candidate to become our manager. That's not to say for certain that he wouldn't be a good choice, who knows, but I think we need to go for someone more proven in a better league than the Scottish league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

I really agree with this. It needs to be a manager of the Rafa ilk. Period! No more bullshit average or inexperienced managers. We need a real leader that demands respect and doesn't ask for it. A knowledgeable manipulator.

We need to be looking for a manager to have the impact O'Neil did when he first arrived. I really don't think anything less will work tbh. I really cannot see the current owners excepting failure gracefully either this season. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Why couldn't we just see out the season with someone from within in the club? Not Terry for me. I'd rather go with a less known entity. Is Delaney still working as a youth team coach? 

Was thinking exactly the same thing. 

14 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I wouldnt mind farke. I think he is really under rated

Agree. I wouldn’t have been surprised for them to be rivalling Derby’s points total with the quality of their squad but he’s kept them competitive.

6 minutes ago, penguin said:

Agree. I wouldn’t have been surprised for them to be rivalling Derby’s points total with the quality of their squad but he’s kept them competitive.

Agreed. He has had a very small budget also. I think farke would be interested too.

He has that german philosophy to which i like. He smashed the championship on a smaller scale with norwich.

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â