195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

If we was to change manager now Hughton would probably be the best we could hope for, but would probably only take it if we guaranteed him he could keep the job if he kept us up.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

That Brentford coach seem to have improved them a lot after Dean left.

That replacement was a blessing in disguise for them.

I wouldn't be crying if we went for Frank.

This is our problem. We keep taking punts on unproven small club managers like Frank. What take the risk? We are a massive club. We have a huge fan base with big expectation. That requires a certain type of manager. We need a big ego that will grow under the pressure. No more unproven wilting flowers please. Spend big on a big manager. The rest will fall into place

• Like 2

Just now, M_Afro said:

This is our problem. We keep taking punts on unproven small club managers like Frank. What take the risk? We are a massive club. We have a huge fan base with big expectation. That requires a certain type of manager. We need a big ego that will grow under the pressure. No more unproven wilting flowers please. Spend big on a big manager. The rest will fall into place

I don't disagree with you. 

But i'd still take Frank over Smith.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

If we was to change manager now Hughton would probably be the best we could hope for, but would probably only take it if we guaranteed him he could keep the job if he kept us up.

I normally agree with most of your posts but I just don’t get this. Why is Hughton the best we can get? He is another uninspiring, unproven, bang average manager. We are massive. We have rich owners. We are a really prospect for very good managers. We need to act big here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Valverde, Pochettino, Kovac, Luis Fernandez. Allegri, Emery, Spalletti, Jardim... are all without a job,  so a lot of top notch managers available... Then you've got the likes of Hughton, Allardyce, Hughes, Pullis, and McCarthy.

He will do nicely

but it would take a bloody lot to get him here...

Edited by AvfcRigo82

It's getting pathetic now.

Yet another bunch of second rate losers wearing the shirt. Was so so obvious we would lose "again" today.

(Queue the "it was only a single goal defeat against a top team" comments)

Still at least there's no VAR at the moment in the lesser leagues which i will welcome with open arms as it has ruined this season for me personally.

Be interesting to see how many players we need to replace when all the rats have jumped ship.

He's the best we can if we were to sack Smith this instant with a view to a manager saving us this season, of course there are better managers than him we could get but they wouldn't have enough time to get their ideas across before the end of the season.

If we wait until the end of season to change managers then I wouldn't want him even if we were relegated, just because it would feel like a very similar appointment to the likes of Bruce, McLeish, Smith, Lambert and so on, we need to try something different.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Dyche - not perfect - but has a record of promotions and keeping teams in the PL.

I fear most likely we will keep DS or appoint JT. Managerial appts have been the ruin of this club over the last 10 years. McLeish, Sherwood, Garde, RDM - how could 1 club get it so wrong so many times.

At this point id rather offer hughton a contract until end of season with if he keeps us up or we see improvememt offer him a 2 year deal once season is offer with

4 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

I normally agree with most of your posts but I just don’t get this. Why is Hughton the best we can get? He is another uninspiring, unproven, bang average manager. We are massive. We have rich owners. We are a really prospect for very good managers. We need to act big here.

Average manager? He alsmot got a wpeful blose side promoted. Kept brighton up consistently.  He is far better than smith and certainly not average.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Sack Purslow and go and get Benitez.

That would be my first choice anyway.

Id love benitez. Id lure him back with the grealish money.

Give rafa 70m transfer kitty and i gurantee he brings us back and keeps us up

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Also don't forget Benitez won the Championship last time out!

I would actually take big Sam now tbh. Never thought i would say that but i just feel we need that type of Big established name who will get us promoted even if it's ugly. Worry about playing a better brand once we're back up.

Only options for me currently who know the Premier League and would be able to handle this club are

Big Sam

Rafa Benitez

Pochettino

We all know the second two wouldn't come with a relegation incoming so it has to be Big Sam for me... Unless someone else becomes available in the meantime that is. Get Big Sam in with a warchest and a few games left to size things up plus whatever close season there is to get his ideas across.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Sack Purslow and go and get Benitez.

That would be my first choice anyway.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

As great as this would be it would also involved sacking Smith, O'Kelly, Terry & Purslow all to bring in 1 manager and his men..

I also agree with should be looking at a more proven manager who has done things and can take us to the next level..

Rather than just hiring mediocre managers that just go round in a cycle of steadying the ship.. 

If that's the approach then give Fat Sam a call and give him the remaining games left to grab us survival then go and hire Pochettino or someone of that ilk.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Average manager? He alsmot got a wpeful blose side promoted. Kept brighton up consistently.  He is far better than smith and certainly not average.

But where do we want to be? Wolves showed ambition to get Nuno. Look where that’s got them in a very small space of time. That could never happen with someone like Hughton. We need someone who is going to change the fortunes of the club. Everything is in place otherwise. 

• Like 1

Â