195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

I actually think Norwich have a crap manager and a crap squad. Last season was a complete anomaly. They'll go down and be Championship fodder. I'm very confident of that. 

Think Farke will be picked up by a bigger club, here or in Germany.

And they'll probably rake in quite a lot of money from the sale of Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey and Todd Cantwell. That's probably £80-100m in from those alone. And then there is Buendia & Jamal Lewis.

Bunch of young talented players but possibly a year or 2 too early for them.

If any of that will be re-invested in the squad remains to be seen.

Edited by sne
Typo

10 hours ago, Genie said:

Last time we went down we thought that there was a gap between the bottom of the premier league and the top of the championship. There isn’t in reality. If you finish bottom of the PL you’re as good as something in the middle of the Championship. Then you have your better players plucked away and you need to work very hard to raise the standard of the squad (as we saw last time). This is before the fact the players you kept, who couldn’t get a move away don’t really fancy the grind of the Championship.

I really fear for Villa with Smith and whoever is doing our transfer business.

I don't disagree, but surely you can see that the circumstances are hugely different?

Firstly we have a better squad now than we did then. Our squad then was appalling.
We'll keep more of our squad together than last time so have less rebuilding to do.
We're in a far stronger financial position, particularly if we get 100 odd million from selling Grealish/Mings/McGinn (I'd like to keep them but I'm being realistic)
And maybe most importantly, the club isn't rotten to the core like it was last time. We were in free fall.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree, but surely you can see that the circumstances are hugely different?

Firstly we have a better squad now than we did then. Our squad then was appalling.
We'll keep more of our squad together than last time so have less rebuilding to do.
We're in a far stronger financial position, particularly if we get 100 odd million from selling Grealish/Mings/McGinn (I'd like to keep them but I'm being realistic)
And maybe most importantly, the club isn't rotten to the core like it was last time. We were in free fall.

I think a lot of the sales money would be used towards the losses , not sure how much would be spent on new players but hopefully we can still salvage this season 

4 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think a lot of the sales money would be used towards the losses , not sure how much would be spent on new players but hopefully we can still salvage this season 

Simon Jordan on talksport the way FFP works is if we sold grealish for 65m in summer lets say, thats a 65m profit as grealish was a youth team player so 65m goes towards FFP as thats the profit we made off grealish. 

If we sold mings for 30m that would make a 10m profit if we signed of for 20m allegedly 

• Like 1

I'd have Bielsa if I could, but he's spoken for at Leeds, need someone who doesn't give a shit at this point. No tolerance to stupid mistakes, walking off, bad passing.  need someone who can lift a team when we are down by a goal because we've even lost that in us now.

Edited by Dave-R

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

Now is NOT the time for football philosophys.

We need red adair on a 9 game contract.

Capping oil well head fires from corners won't be any different to our current tactic of not watching the ball.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim said:

Big Sam until the end of the season. Stay up and assess from there.

Would you be happy giving him a 1.5/2.5 year deal?

Because that's what he'll want. And we will absolutely be going down with him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Think Farke will be picked up by a bigger club, here or in Germany.

And they'll probably rake in quite a lot of money from the sale of Max Aarons, Ben Godfrey and Todd Cantwell. That's probably £80-100m in from those alone. And then there is Buendia & Jamal Lewis.

Bunch of young talented players but possibly a year or 2 too early for them.

If any of that will be re-invested in the squad remains to be seen.

All five would make it into our first team!

Highly likely Farke will bring Norwich straight back should he stay with them, completely agree he will get picked up by a bigger club at some point can easily see him managing a top 4 Bundesliga side in time, probably end up back at Dortmund.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Simon Jordan on talksport the way FFP works is if we sold grealish for 65m in summer lets say, thats a 65m profit as grealish was a youth team player so 65m goes towards FFP as thats the profit we made off grealish. 

If we sold mings for 30m that would make a 10m profit if we signed of for 20m allegedly 

That makes sense have to admit I don't know the full in and outs off FFP but aren't the basics you can't spend more than you earn over a three year period?

24 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Would you be happy giving him a 1.5/2.5 year deal?

Because that's what he'll want.

Exactly.

It's like when people play "sign him on a pay as you play deal!"

It's all well and good saying it, but the manager has to accept this arrangement to only manage us for 2 months. I highly doubt Big Sam would go for it.

15 hours ago, Genie said:

I agree with most of the post, but not the bold bit. The Championship nearly killed us last time. We were days away from going out of business. The squad doesn’t look much better than the one that went down last time, with more war scars.

I’d fight for premier league survival now, and start in the summer as a PL team if it works out. Nothing to lose.

I’d be looking to offer someone like Sam a deal for remainder of this season, and next season. Get back to basics, be hard to beat, work hard and keep the points tally ticking over. If it goes well we replace him in 15 months time with a longer term appointment and look to push on to the next level.

No it didn't.

The fraud of an owner did.

I think Big Sam would make demands like a minimum 3 year contract, didn't he have a rolling 10 year contract at Bolton? If Dean does go, I suspect JT will be asked to take the job on a caretaker contract, whether he would or not, I'm unsure.

GT once said, "you've got us into this mess, now get us out of it" would it at this stage, be worth saying that to Dean and giving him until January to get us into a good position to go up automatically, if we do go down (other teams have done that in the past)? After all, he did get us where we are ahead of schedule and our realistic aim this season was only 17th, perhaps he earned a bit longer at the end of last season?   

Â