195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

It's no good sticking to a structure for structures sake though if it means us being in the championship for the forseeable.

There's no guarantee we'd come straight back up, and if we don't?....then what?

It's all guess work but while we're still in it I say fight tooth and nail to stay in it...and if that means getting someone like allardyce then so be it. If we do stay up then that's a nice problem to have...as in, what direction we take thereafter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

How has that worked out, 40% win rate and dumped out by a liverpool kindergarten team

Don't get me wrong, I would love Ancelotti. Everton just have a horribly unbalanced and overrated squad that ironically you can trace back to Sam Allardyce.

1 minute ago, RimmyJimmer said:

It's no good sticking to a structure for structures sake though if it means us being in the championship for the forseeable.

There's no guarantee we'd come straight back up, and if we don't?....then what?

It's all guess work but while we're still in it I say fight tooth and nail to stay in it...and if that means getting someone like allardyce then so be it. If we do stay up then that's a nice problem to have...as in, what direction we take thereafter.

There's no guarantee a new manager would keep us up. We get relegated and we've lost any semblance of structure or stability we had.

Then what?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no guarantee a new manager would keep us up. We get relegatedand we've lost any semblance of structure or stability we had.

Then what?

It's only 10 games, and no players can be signed, it's just a case of a coach coming in to do a job...I don't think the stucture or stability would be affected a great deal.

3 minutes ago, RimmyJimmer said:

It's only 10 games, and no players can be signed, it's just a case of a coach coming in to do a job...I don't think the stucture or stability would be affected a great deal.

But then we go down and we're stuck with that coach who got us relegated anyway and hasn't been part of the plans this whole time. Is that better than going down with Smith?

Just now, Stevo985 said:

But then we go down and we're stuck with that coach who got us relegated anyway and hasn't been part of the plans this whole time. Is that better than going down with Smith?

If we go down then sack him and get smith back 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If the manager who has been part of the plans hasn't done what he was bought in to do, then yes.

I'm not really seeing the downside of getting rid of him at this point. We look like a new team playing their first pre-season game together... In March! The football in the Championship, without Grealish - as it would be next season, was both horrific and ineffective. A new manager might take us down, the football might be awful next season. But that's not likely anything different than it would be under DS.

Yes, there's a chance he could keep us up. But does anyone truly believe this? The only way we stay up is by changing something, and I don't think DS will do that. If we haven't made adjustments to very basic things in March, there's nothing to suggest it will change now. That means the change has to be the manager. We might still go down, we probably will. But the potential reward is massive, the risk is pretty non-existant.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's no guarantee a new manager would keep us up. We get relegated and we've lost any semblance of structure or stability we had.

Then what?

Worth the risk.

There is no real structure or stability to really hold on to here. You watch the team play and tell me there's any good structure or stability? Its just holding onto something for the sake of it.

Might I remind people it wasn't stability that promoted us. It was knowing when to implement a change and let the manager go.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Allardyce was on Talksport in January and he said he was available for short term projects. He has 10 games and if we go down then we look for a manager to get us promoted, if we stay up we look at someone who can build on what we have.

Don't see the problem, I also don't see it happening.

Replacing Smith seems too improbable to be considered a possibility at this present time, but if we lose by a big scoreline to Chelsea and other results go against us at the weekend leaving us five points adrift of safety, then maybe they'd have to consider it, as no doubt they will want to stay in this division at all costs after all the money they've put in.

Edited by useless
There was another sentence, but I didn't feel like writing it.

10 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Allardyce was on Talksport in January and he said he was available for short term projects. He has 10 games and if we go down then we look for a manager to get us promoted, if we stay up we look at someone who can build on what we have.

Don't see the problem, I also don't see it happening.

He wouldnt touch us, we have no Big Sam type players to play hoofball. He also wouldnt want a relegation on the famous CV

Smith, Terry and the rest were employed IMO as a project. Villa are currently a project.

Yes the performances and results are shocking at the moment but sacking everyone and starting again is basically failing the project. I can totally understand why people want wholesale changes behind the scenes and in the coaching set up but I think that would be a mistake. My patience with the whole situation is wearing thin, we have needed stability and financial stability for donkeys years, now we have that we need to have faith in what we have. Yes, Smith has his faults and no-one is perfect but he needs time. The first season back was always going to be difficult and we knew we would get some canings and the apparent lack of effort is down to the players IMO. 

If Smith et al get the sack then so be it, I just think it would be the wrong decision. This isn't based on blind faith, it's how projects work. 

Maybe we will be better off when we do sell certain players, that money can be reinvested.

6 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Smith, Terry and the rest were employed IMO as a project. Villa are currently a project.

Yes the performances and results are shocking at the moment but sacking everyone and starting again is basically failing the project. I can totally understand why people want wholesale changes behind the scenes and in the coaching set up but I think that would be a mistake. My patience with the whole situation is wearing thin, we have needed stability and financial stability for donkeys years, now we have that we need to have faith in what we have. Yes, Smith has his faults and no-one is perfect but he needs time. The first season back was always going to be difficult and we knew we would get some canings and the apparent lack of effort is down to the players IMO. 

If Smith et al get the sack then so be it, I just think it would be the wrong decision. This isn't based on blind faith, it's how projects work. 

Maybe we will be better off when we do sell certain players, that money can be reinvested.

The problem is that if we give Smith more time he will still be unable to define what a 'premier' player looks like. If Wesley was not injured he would still be playing him.......

ATB.

VLD.

23 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He wouldnt touch us, we have no Big Sam type players to play hoofball. He also wouldnt want a relegation on the famous CV

Sorry but I disagree. Smith has been trying to make his team play 'attractive ' football. They can't ( Grealish excepted ). Might as well hoof it then in my opinion .

Regards,

VLD.

17 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

a project that is also a year ahead of schedule

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Graham t said:

The problem is that if we give Smith more time he will still be unable to define what a 'premier' player looks like. If Wesley was not injured he would still be playing him.......

ATB.

VLD.

Wesley is/was one for the future. If he returns from injury he will be better next season. 

Â