195 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want?

• Poch
    • Rafa
    • Big Sam
    • Thierry Henry
    • Keep Smith

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 31/12/19 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Wesley is a clueless waster who must have a genius for an agent. No other team would give him the time of day......Sorry...

ATB.

VLD.

And yet you could argue that we were better when he was playing 🤔

This idea that we're a year ahead of schedule is only really applicable if we survive, because if we go down then we're suddenly a year behind schedule because the idea was to get promoted this season. Our owners aren't going to excuse relegation because of some idea that they weren't expecting us to get promoted as soon as we did.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Wesley is a clueless waster who must have a genius for an agent. No other team would give him the time of day......Sorry...

ATB.

VLD.

He is a young foreign player trying to find his legs in England. These are usually the type of players that fill a project. We have several.

1 minute ago, useless said:

This idea that we're a year ahead of schedule is only really applicable if we survive, because if we go down then we're suddenly a year behind schedule because the idea was to get promoted this season. Our owners aren't going to excuse relegation because of some idea that they weren't expecting us to get promoted as soon as we did.

My opinion is purely based on survival, relegation wouldn't be the end of the project, just a set back. A set back we could do without though. Staying up is and always has been the priority 

5 minutes ago, useless said:

That’s not true though. We may always have got relegated first season and have to spend another season in the Championship. We are just doing that one year early.

If we get in a decent manager I think we will get automatic promotion next year and then hopefully stay up forevermore 

• Confused 1

We still have a really fantastic chance of surviving, probably have a better chance of being a premier league team next season than we did this time last season of being a premier league team this season. The miracle man can do it again.

• Like 1

It would never have been in the owners thinking to get relegated in the first season, that's why spent the money that we did, the idea isn't for us to be some sort of yo-yo club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Exactly, yes it's difficult to accept but we are ahead of schedule. Projects are often shitty for a while but things do improve. People forget how utterly garbage from top to bottom we were. 

Everybody wants everything, right now.

We're apparently paying Championship wages right now and the only feasible plan to compete with established midtable teams in terms of wages would apparently take 3 years of building due to FFP limitations. People can't even handle relegation worries in the first of those 3 years, the one that's likely going to have the most upheaval. We're just not built for this.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Everybody wants everything, right now.

We're apparently paying Championship wages right now and the only feasible plan to compete with established midtable teams in terms of wages would apparently take 3 years of building due to FFP limitations. People can't even handle relegation worries in the first of those 3 years, the one that's likely going to have the most upheaval. We're just not built for this.

I've never understood wanting everything right now, the best things take time. We have been shite for years trying to have everything right now. I'd rather build and wait

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I've never understood wanting everything right now, the best things take time. We have been shite for years trying to have everything right now. I'd rather build and wait

I can understand fans of teams who've had it their own way, like United for example. But us? We really should know better. Our disastorous relegation and 3 years in the Championship has done absolutely nothing to temper our mindset.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

I don't think having the #1 net spend in the PL and wanting a top 17 finish is too much. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

He is a young foreign player trying to find his legs in England. These are usually the type of players that fill a project. We have several.

Well he isn't young for a start. And you don't pay 22 million for a player who....can't run, pass, head the ball or shoot accurately at goal. Mind you he is exceptional at falling over a lot.....

ATB.

VLD.

11 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

We aren't building. If you hadn't noticed we are going downwards at a rate of knots. That is not progress. Frankly I don't understand all this let's wait malarkey. Wait for what exactly?

ATB.

VLD.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Graham t said:

Well he isn't young for a start. And you don't pay 22 million for a player who....can't run, pass, head the ball or shoot accurately at goal. Mind you he is exceptional at falling over a lot.....

ATB.

VLD.

Heskey got away with all of those things for years

7 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't think having the #1 net spend in the PL and wanting a top 17 finish is too much. 

That's what everyone wants, and it's still in our own hands.

Also it's always misleading to quote that net spend stat as a little bit more context such as the fact the amount we spent per player was enough to get us 10 Trezeguet's really paints a different picture than the implication there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Graham t said:

ATB.

VLD.

I suppose you have never seen him play then because he can do 2 of them quite well

Â