Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, KenjiOgiwara said:

People will get all dramatic I guess, but I think it's been an okey half. Wesley has been better than expected and we've looked fairly solid defensively. 

We totally lack pace though, so Jota off please. 

Its all about opinions - but I just don't see how you can say that - we have just been booting the ball anywhere.

Just now, villadude said:

We have too many shit players, we look clueless, as does our manager... I don’t see this season ending well at all... 

We were doing really well for the first 3 months, now confidence is shot. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AVFCDAN said:

This team is just woeful, we’ve been outplayed for 3 consecutive games now by the bottom 3, shocking.

Wesley could play every game for the rest of the season and not score, there’s just no goals anymore.

How does Hourihane manage to play the invisible man in nearly every game he starts.

The defence is the problem together with the striker. Although, today, Wesley has been better. Targett gets a bit of leeway from me the last several games because Grealish hasn't done what he's done today and that's to track back. But, by him doing that, we lose the best of him playing more central. 

Smith has to stop playing Grealish left and also needs to get a grip in defence. He can easily sort this today by playing Kodjia wide left and move Grealish inside behind Wesley. He needs to take Lansbury off. 

This is awful.  I was disappointed with the starting XI as there was no pace at all in midfielder or attack but I thought well maybe Smith wants more possession but there was none of that, still hoofing the ball from the back and they’ve had 11 chances already.  I can’t believe how bad we are.....

It's a terrible team selection. No out ball available, so,despite their poor showing in the last few games trez or el ghazi need to be on and jack moved to the middle. 

I would also think about Guilbert.  Poor first half indeed

1 minute ago, Thug said:

At the beginning of the seaosn we were unlucky to lose, now we're lucky not to be losing 4-5 every game

The signs were there though, conceding so many shots per game was never going to be sustainable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

For Wesley, or Jota?

I'm not even sure.

Jota has alot of ability but is a snail ffs.

Personally I'd sacrifice the width and play narrow with 2 up top. Think the players we have are better suited to that. But... Smith has never done it before so it won't happen lol.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1