Match Thread: Watford v Villa

limpid

Just now, Smartin said:

Slowest midfield ever. Watching Jota in particiular is painful. I am sure he will be good for us if we go dow, but not anywhere near PL standard.

He definitely isn't starter material. Should only come on when players are tired. Pace is just a major issue for us. Wesley doesn't have it. Nor does the midfield or "wingers". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Second half will tell a tale.

Can someone actually tell me what we are actually waiting for Smith to do? Like some say he is the future??

Quit and give JT a go

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Such a lazy narrative. We are playing shite, have been for about 5-6 weeks, it’s not all Wesleys fault, if anything he is one of the better performers today. It would be great if any of the five midfielders and two full backs could do absolutely anything other than give it away or run down a dead end we might actually create chances for our only forward?

It’s not all Wesley’s fault at all but he’s a terrible centre Forward - I think we would be 25% better team with Kodj up front ( who is a bang average CF)

Just now, MikeMcKenna said:

Jeez these it is depressing reading the VT nowadays. FWIW, the save by Foster from Wes was incredible. We gifted them a goal and despite their 11 attempts, there wasnt that much between till the goal. We can still win this! 

Spot on. Negative nancys the lot. 

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we go down we lose Grealish, and we're looking like a team that has lost all confidence. A change in manager might fix that, but I feel it would be harsh on Smith. He's barely been here a year and got us promoted. Tough one for the owners.

not as tough as finding a replacement - which is why smith will get a while longer IMO. 

I keep reminding everyone the guys who choose the next manager - Has theiry Henry in the frame and signed off on Wesley for £22m.

Just now, villalad21 said:

Anyone who thought we had cleared a corner after Norwich really did not watch that game at all.

Yes, we were terrible and I knew today we'd be awful. He's picked a team to play on the counter with absolutely no pace in midfield and out wide, it's baffling. 

We need the window to open and pick up pacy players like Sarr for them, we're such a slow, clumsy team.

Just now, TRO said:

We haven't got the players, particularly in midfield to steal the initiative and no pace up front to unhinge anybody.

we simply have too many midfield player much the same.

Smith had 140 mill to spend in the summer. 

Do you not think he should have added more steel? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Sure, why not. At this point we might as well try anything.

No point in believing in what we are doing as frankly it isn't working.

Reality will be we’ll make a change in the 75 min 😭

edit: I was wrong, El Ghazi is on

Edited by nick76