Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Yeah you go on wanting to rule the world, meanwhile I'll just stab my scrotum with a sharp object as the sound of my own pain is more relaxing

This sounds exactly like a tears for fears experience. 

33 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Load of shite 

Nah Ruge, I can see you strutting your stuff across the roof tiles when the latest Little Mix banger comes on 🤣

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, blandy said:

I don’t listen to it, (R1) but Greg James is excellent doing Tailenders, which is a genuinely brilliant, loosely cricketing-based podcast.

Greg James is alright to be fair to him, gave him a listen mainly due to Chris moyles playing 1 song an hour on radio x, not sure why they all feel the need to do "funny" competitions and guff rather than play music... Don't mind interviews or even the news but i don't want to listen to innuendo bingo and all that nonsense I want music 

14 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Nah Ruge, I can see you strutting your stuff across the roof tiles when the latest Little Mix banger comes on 🤣

That’s the thing mate, I have to listen to it 5 days a week . The lad I work with, it’s his radio, so his rules. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s the thing mate, I have to listen to it 5 days a week . The lad I work with, it’s his radio, so his rules. 

That's mental torture. He should be locked up. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

That's mental torture. He should be locked up. 

The good thing is we usually work apart for a good part of the day, so he’ll be on the other side of the roof with his radio. He’s not one for sharing much, thank the Lord. 

13 hours ago, Genie said:

I have to strike a balance with the amount of football on at the moment. I can tolerate the Mrs watching love island  because of the big jugs and tiny thong bikinis on show. 
And like anything, once you seen some of the show you do get slightly invested in what’s going on. I’d never watch it out of choice, or if the gaffer was out, but there’s worse tv to have to watch.

I’ve never seen it before, but the Mrs wanted it on the last few nights. I’d never watch it, and the people are complete drongos. But in exchange I’ve got the lads coming round Saturday, and watch all the Marvel programmes on. So I can’t complain too much

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve never seen it before, but the Mrs wanted it on the last few nights. I’d never watch it, and the people are complete drongos. But in exchange I’ve got the lads coming round Saturday, and watch all the Marvel programmes on. So I can’t complain too much

Yep, my plan is to watch all 4 quarter finals so have to give and take 🙂 

4 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Silence of the Lambs isn't as good as it's made out to be.

I don’t know.  It's not to be sniffed at. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

High up on a roof seems a dangerous place for a radio, don’t you think? One slip of your foot next time you walk past it, or well placed lob of a screwdriver and it might take a nasty fall :ph34r:

Thats what I’d do anyway. 

• Like 2

I once had a job in a document storage warehouse with two other guys, and the one who was my 'manager' was about two years older than me (so he was about 19). Anyway, he put his music on the first day. It was an album by Lindsay Lohan. I laughed, thinking it was a pisstake, but nope, he actually wanted to listen to Lindsay Lohan, so I just had to sit there twiddling my thumbs (there was nothing to do) while that was on. FML.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I once had a job in a document storage warehouse with two other guys, and the one who was my 'manager' was about two years older than me (so he was about 19). Anyway, he put his music on the first day. It was an album by Lindsay Lohan. I laughed, thinking it was a pisstake, but nope, he actually wanted to listen to Lindsay Lohan, so I just had to sit there twiddling my thumbs (there was nothing to do) while that was on. FML.

Amazing :)

Not quite as bad but I once went on a work trip to Motherwell. I got the train up on my own but on the way back one of the directors drove us back in his 4x4

We had to listen to his music and it was torture. VTers will know I'm no music snob. I listen to Radio 1. I like Michael Jackson and Kanye West. I'll listen to anything.

But this was a playlist straight from a teenage girl. Adele, Girls Aloud, Spice girls. You name it. I mean it wasn't all bad, but 4 grown men sat in a car listening to Adele is a bit weird

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Amazing :)

Not quite as bad but I once went on a work trip to Motherwell. I got the train up on my own but on the way back one of the directors drove us back in his 4x4

We had to listen to his music and it was torture. VTers will know I'm no music snob. I listen to Radio 1. I like Michael Jackson and Kanye West. I'll listen to anything.

But this was a playlist straight from a teenage girl. Adele, Girls Aloud, Spice girls. You name it. I mean it wasn't all bad, but 4 grown men sat in a car listening to Adele is a bit weird

Lets say I am driving me, wife, daughter and grandson somewhere. Grandson loves Wintergaten, daughter is a symphonic metal fan and wife likes psychobilly. I put country music on and its met with “Grandad!!!!!”, “for **** sake” and “this can **** off”. (I will let you work out which passenger says what)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Lets say I am driving me, wife, daughter and grandson somewhere. Grandson loves Wintergaten, daughter is a symphonic metal fan and wife likes psychobilly. I put country music on and its met with “Grandad!!!!!”, “for **** sake” and “this can **** off”. (I will let you work out which passenger says what)

Every time I read things like this I realise how blessed I am. 

There's not 100% overlap, but broadly speaking, my wife and daughters (and now granddaughters) like the same music that I do. "Put some Neil Young on, Dad". It's great. 

Â