Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

11 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Programmes that show a bit of naked flesh doesn’t do it for me. It’s just not worth the 60 minutes of utter dross that comes with it. I’d sooner go on XHamster and be done with it in 2 minutes. 

I have to strike a balance with the amount of football on at the moment. I can tolerate the Mrs watching love island  because of the big jugs and tiny thong bikinis on show. 
And like anything, once you seen some of the show you do get slightly invested in what’s going on. I’d never watch it out of choice, or if the gaffer was out, but there’s worse tv to have to watch.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I have to strike a balance with the amount of football on at the moment. I can tolerate the Mrs watching love island  because of the big jugs and tiny thing bikinis on show. 
And like anything, once you seen some of the show you do get slightly invested in what’s going on. I’d never watch it out of choice, or if the gaffer was out, but there’s worse tv to have to watch.

The only football I’ve watched lately is the second half of England v Germany. Got the lions tour of South Africa coming up, so I’ll have the tv then. The missus is hooked on Netflix .

40 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Programmes that show a bit of naked flesh doesn’t do it for me. It’s just not worth the 60 minutes of utter dross that comes with it. I’d sooner go on XHamster and be done with it in 2 minutes

Show Off Season 2 GIF by Ash vs Evil Dead

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Mug. 

But seriously, it doesn’t matter, milk in first anyway makes for a better cup of tea.

I know people who drink tea without milk who swear by putting hot water in the cup first and then dropping the tea bag in, which would would be the middle ground of what you do and drops the temp a bit but not too much. 

I 100% agree these a link between these type of shows and young peoples mental health.

I think Love Island is up to 3 or 4 suicides now from participants or hosts. I’m amazed it can still go ahead as it is. 

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

IMO this is not an unpopular opinion.

I never have and never will watch a single episode.

Don't care if the tarts on it start giving nob-jobs. It's just TV for amoeba-brains.

Viewing figures would dispute this

Granted it's not popular amongst the VT massive but out there in the living rooms of the UK this cack is popular

• Shocked 1

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Viewing figures would dispute this

Granted it's not popular amongst the VT massive but out there in the living rooms of the UK this back is popular

What are the viewing figures? As much as the show is hyped as popular, I’d be surprised if less than 80% of the UK don’t regularly watch it or have never seen more than a few minutes (me).

As @lapal_fan wrote, the show typifies the causes of the issues affecting our younger society.

I find it strange that often the same people who watch the show are then promoting mental health awareness as they and their peers are struggling with the current envious, self-centred, fear of missing out culture.

I wouldn’t watch Love Island out of a concern that I might just subconsciously absorb 1% of it is as normal behaviour.

• Like 1

Â