Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

59 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Late to the party but I’d have to add tennis to the list of crap spectator sports. Everyone gets so excited by Wimbledon, but I can’t stand to watch it. The crowds are boring, the commentary is boring, the winning points by ace services are boring, and it lasts way too long. The only upside is some of the ladies players are nice to look at. 

I give you Camilla Giorgi.😍

Pin on WTA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Okonokos said:

Golf is easily the best. I quite happily will sit and watch it from Thursday to Sunday. And absolutely nothing in sport beats the Ryder Cup for entertainment value. The Miracle at Medinah is still the best sporting event I've ever witnessed.

Really hard to overstate how wrong you are here 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Really hard to overstate how wrong you are here 

No, I was definitely right. I do enjoy the golf from Thursday to Sunday every week. I double checked my memory and can confirm that's right.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Two that may have been mentioned but want to put them out there:

All hot drinks are awful.

Pizza is overrated (unless its the authentic Italian kind).

I can see why you’d think those two are unpopular opinions, given that they are both wrong.

• Haha 3

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I can see why you’d think those two are unpopular opinions, given that they are both wrong.

The hot drinks one is a bit weird, but I agree pizza is well overrated. I think that subject has been covered extensively on here already though. 

I guess pizza could be over-rated. Doesn't mean it can't still be absolutely fantastic too. Over-rated doesn't mean bad. It just means they're making it out to be something it's not.  All these artisan stonebake pizza places popping up all over the place (where I live anyway) and charging eye watering prices for a bit of dough and passata with a few crispy burnt bits. It's delicious, but it's not gourmet lads. So I'll say it as a pizza fan, pizza is a bit over-rated, but I think that's because they want to justify the prices.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The hot drinks one is a bit weird, but I agree pizza is well overrated. I think that subject has been covered extensively on here already though. 

I just don't see how drinking scalding hot liquid is enjoyable. Goes against nature. A boiling hot cup of water flavoured with dried leaves? Yum 🤢

My fave sport is Soccer but I feel I must stick up for baseball here.I played centrefield for Marist and scored a total of 2 home runs ( both against Henderson Bears ) the thing is that the game is good ( not great but good ) Obviously to enjoy it you must know what is going on.

To watch,or take part in a double play is fantastic and with all the pinch hitters and different type of pitches etc the game is far from booring.

The game I cant understand is Basketball.One team scores then both teams run to the other end and score then rinse and repeat.FFS there is NO midfield ?! Why dont they just use one set of goalposts and save a lot of running around ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just don't see how drinking scalding hot liquid is enjoyable. Goes against nature. A boiling hot cup of water flavoured with dried leaves? Yum 🤢

Hot chocolate? Mulled wine? Bovril? Doesn't have to be scalding and doesn't need to be dried leaves. 

I think what you don't like is Tea! 

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Hot chocolate? Mulled wine? Bovril? Doesn't have to be scalding and doesn't need to be dried leaves. 

I think what you don't like is Tea! 

Tea is definitely the worst but I hate all of those too. If left to go cold they'd be alright. What's wrong with a cold chocolate?

Name one other animal in nature who chooses to drink warm liquid!!

No other animal cooks its food either.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Tea is definitely the worst but I hate all of those too. If left to go cold they'd be alright. What's wrong with a cold chocolate?

image.png.baf3fb8782f0647c69f906ca64f64616.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

My fave sport is Soccer but I feel I must stick up for baseball here.I played centrefield for Marist and scored a total of 2 home runs ( both against Henderson Bears ) the thing is that the game is good ( not great but good ) Obviously to enjoy it you must know what is going on.

To watch,or take part in a double play is fantastic and with all the pinch hitters and different type of pitches etc the game is far from booring.

The game I cant understand is Basketball.One team scores then both teams run to the other end and score then rinse and repeat.FFS there is NO midfield ?! Why dont they just use one set of goalposts and save a lot of running around ?

I am retired from baseball now, having only played a single game but still having a legendary reputation locally.

I was fielding (is that the term?) and somebody on the other team struck a really sweet shot, like, professional. It was clearly coming my way but massively too high for me to catch. So I sort of did a token effort of jogging backward with my hand in the air, so people could see i tried but it was pointless.

My team were screaming at me to catch it, which was ridiculous I can’t jump that high and I’d have to sprint like an Olympian to get back far enough for the descent back to earth. So I jogged backwards, hand aloft.

The strike had been so good, it had bust the ball and there was a comet trail of twine. This twine got tangled in my fingers, which caused the ball to swing around in a giant majestic arc and circle back to the palm of my hand. Caught.

From any sort of distance, you couldn’t see the twine. All the team saw was the ball go over my head, me put my hand up, and the ball return back to me.

The Jesus of the diamond.

• Haha 1

Â