Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

"should" is a bit strong, imo. But I definitely agree that one of them at least was a lot closer than anyone seems to realise!

Yeah but for this thread "should" works better :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/06/2021 at 07:08, BOF said:

Basketball is an interesting sporting experiment though. In pretty much every other sport, scoring is a big deal. Most possessions don't end in a score and it's the amount of times you do score that matters. But in basketball it's basically the opposite. With each possession you're basically expected to score and it ends up the amount of times you failed to score that matters. So it's the exact opposite. I think it's unique in that.

The only reason its like that is because,9 times out of 10 they stay at one end untill they do score.

As I said in my original post.Why dont they just have turns at only 1 end of the court and save a lot of running around ?!

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Are we talking bag or pot here?

Mug. 

But seriously, it doesn’t matter, milk in first anyway makes for a better cup of tea.

Edited by Ingram85

4 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Mug. 

But seriously, it doesn’t matter, milk in first anyway makes for a better cup of tea.

Nah. the milk inhibits the brewing in the water. Standard tea is meant to be brewed with boiling water, as soon as you add milk before that process its all wrong

• Like 2

On 28/06/2021 at 11:32, mjmooney said:

Never seen it in the flesh, but it's no good at all on TV. Or maybe it is on a huge screen, but on our modestly sized telly, the puck is near-invisible, so all I see is the players crashing around at breakneck speed. The only way to appreciate a goal is in the slo-mo replay. 

Conversely, motor sport, road cycling, horse racing, etc. are far better on TV than in attendance, due to multiple camera positions - rather than standing in one spot for ages and then seeing the competitors flash past in the blink of an eye. 

Don't mind the Olympics for a novelty, but tbh I have pretty much zero interest in any sport besides football. 

I love hockey and I grew up both playing and watching it. I understand what you mean. When a new american town gets a hockey team it takes time for them to get it. This is the best goal I have ever seen in hockey. It is extremely hard to do but I don't see what he does until the replay.

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Nah. the milk inhibits the brewing in the water. Standard tea is meant to be brewed with boiling water, as soon as you add milk before that process its all wrong

Correct. If you've brewed the tea in a pot, then milk first in the cup is fine. But if brewing in a mug, milk must go in last (for the reasons you point out). 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But the milk stops the tea leaves getting burnt and cuts out any chance of a bitter brew. If you leave for it an extra minute it’ll brew just fine. I know the process isn’t right but for me it tastes better than milk in after. 

8 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Early days, but I would have preferred the conversation in the Alisha Lehmann thread to have a tiny bit more focus on what she might bring to the club in a playing sense, as opposed to what she brings aesthetically which seemingly comprises around 90% of the chat so far.

For the record, I don’t know myself, so can’t offer any insight to her playing ability. 

I see what you mean, and I broadly agree. 

That being said, a lot of her social media posts is her posing in bikinis etc. So, I think its fair to say it will be commented on a lot, rightly or wrongly.

Terrible music though...

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I see what you mean, and I broadly agree. 

That being said, a lot of her social media posts is her posing in bikinis etc. So, I think its fair to say it will be commented on a lot, rightly or wrongly.

Terrible music though...

Reveal hidden contents

I expect it a bit, I’m not totally naive or completely prudish. Like when someone in off topic say they find Priti Patel or Liz Truss attractive. It’s generally commented on and we move on. I don’t want to chastise everyone who says they happen to fancy someone in the public eye. That would be ridiculous. I recently said that there are plenty of attractive ASMR artists in another thread (although that was in part explaining why it has a certain appeal to some of those who watch/listen to it).

So I’m not above something similar. Although I like to think that if I’m going to do that, I can also acknowledge they might be bringing something else to the table than just their looks.

But those opening three pages, man, it was like the Tex Avery cartoon wolf on repeat. And bear in mind, that thread has already been cleaned up once. Some of the more “enthusiastic” posts have gone. And the remaining content is still by and large about what she looks like. I had to Google what position she plays cos I sure as shit wasn’t going to find out from reading the opening few pages of the thread.

She’s a forward, apparently.

• Like 2

Â