Unpopular Opinions

maqroll

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I feel like I’m in the minority here,

No you are not, thankfully. The cause has (currently) 2497 backers. The negatives on his feed are about 20 per post with spikes to about 100. words removed are VERY loud though.

It's interesting to see how it plays out though. It's an awful lot of money and money does strange things to otherwise normal people. But I refuse to look at it (and most other things) in a negative way unless something negative happens. I hate being a miserable sod, it affects everything in life. (And therefore not posting in On-Topic :D)

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Especially when combined with cat strangling

Who would win in a fight between a cat and an octopus? I think it would hinge on whoever plays at home in the first leg. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I’m less keen on cats, the bird murdering psychos. 

Meh. Cats >>> birds.

Bloody car spattering feathered lizards. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Rob182 said:

I see no issue whatsoever with some guy seeing the vile online abuse people were giving that little crying German girl at the England game and him trying to raise £500 as a token gesture for her parents to get her something. I feel like I’m in the minority here, as I’ve seen so, SO many people on twitter moaning about it (and the fact that it’s ended up at £10k+).

One response is “money should be raised for good causes!”... to which my response is, go on then. Start fundraising if you care that much to moan.

Another response is “my kid cried at the football, can he have money?!”, and those people are completely missing the point. There’s a big difference between any old forgettable upset kid, and the abuse that this girl got.. being called a “little nazi c-bomb bitch” and other similar stuff all over Facebook and Twitter.

If the guy does track down the parents, I’m pretty sure they won’t accept the max amount that it’s reached, and may instead donate it to a charity of their choice.

Those who are openly and vehemently  against the fund raising in this instance, I find myself wondering how strong their online presence was when the nazi/slag comments were being posted about this girl. 

Presumably they were at the very least equally outraged at the abuse a child was receiving and subsequently didn’t hold back in confronting those who were dishing out the abuse. After all it would be insane to go to the effort to criticise a well intentioned gesture and not call out disgusting comments directed to an innocent child to those who had made them.

I’m sure they did call it out. Yes siree, that’s most likely the case.

• Like 3

I’m not against it, I just don’t support it. It’s rare I donate to anything anyway. It just seems common practise these days to set GoFundMe  pages up. Regarding the toxic comments towards her, it’s pretty low, but same again this day and age people tend to hide behind their screen directing sick abuse at people with no consequences. 

• Like 1

On the subject on Go Fund Me, family in the village had a house fire and it completely gutted the whole house. Said house is 6 bedrooms fully insured. Someone set up a Go fund me for them and it got right on my tits. Probably should have gone in the piss you off that shouldn’t thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim said:

On the subject on Go Fund Me, family in the village had a house fire and it completely gutted the whole house. Said house is 6 bedrooms fully insured. Someone set up a Go fund me for them and it got right on my tits. Probably should have gone in the piss you off that shouldn’t thread.

I’m not totally against GoFundMe pages for the less fortunate or for what I’d say is a valid reason, like young child needs key surgery but it’s in America and the patents can’t afford it, or parents are skint and they need time off to look after ill child etc etc . I personally wouldn’t set one up for myself or partner, purely because I’d feel it’s down to us to fund and support whatever , but I get some people are not fortunate and need help. Some well know bloke died in Rugeley not long ago. He wasn’t short of a few quid but a fund page was set up to pay for funeral . I didn’t agree with that at all and neither did his family..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Vindaloo isnt a great english football song, its somehow put in the same bracket as 3 lions and world in motion

its a contender for one of the worst songs ever written

Think you may have listed the top 3. 

35 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Think you may have listed the top 3. 

If it ain't Vindaloo in 3rd place I think that only leaves We're On The Ball by Ant and Dec and sod that. 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If it ain't Vindaloo in 3rd place I think that only leaves We're On The Ball by Ant and Dec and sod that. 

Its a can of worms but no football record was any good, just varying degrees of badness. There is a cover of potentially the worst out at the moment is Vindaloo Two. **** my hat. 

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its a can of worms but no football record was any good, just varying degrees of badness. There is a cover of potentially the worst out at the moment is Vindaloo Two. **** my hat. 

Well that's a minute of my life I'm never getting back. 

Â