January Transfers 2019/20

sne

33 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it is unwise of the club to make hard and fast policy claims to Age and where players are from.

It should be about the right players to do the job required and blend ...end of.

We have plenty of time to cosmetically shape the squad over the next few years......right now  we need players who can deliver , from day one and keep us up.

I don't disagree with you. I think this whole policy with unproven players was naive to begin with.

Would make sense in the Championship but not Premier League.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I don't disagree with you. I think this whole policy with unproven players was naive to begin with.

Would make sense in the Championship but not Premier League.

I think we are judging our new players a bit early, I think on the whole they’ve done quite well considering we’re a newly promoted side and we had to completely rebuild the side. We have played a lot of the top sides and not disgraced ourselves in any match. I think there is a lot more to come from this team, our need for a centre forward to compete with Wesley is apparent and should’ve been sorted in the Summer

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think we are judging our new players a bit early, I think on the whole they’ve done quite well considering we’re a newly promoted side and we had to completely rebuild the side. We have played a lot of the top sides and not disgraced ourselves in any match. I think there is a lot more to come from this team, our need for a centre forward to compete with Wesley is apparent and should’ve been sorted in the Summer

I hear what you say but unfortunately we are halfway through the season and everybody has played the top teams as well,

We have to add to the first eleven or we have no chance. We are not physically strong enough

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

I hear what you say but unfortunately we are halfway through the season and everybody has played the top teams as well,

We have to add to the first eleven or we have no chance. We are not physically strong enough

Agreed

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Chelsea transfer ban has been lifted, Lampard said he will sign a striker 

JackClarke isn't being picked by Leeds due to attitude problems

Fair enough I didn't realise that A) Chelsea were having their transfer ban lifted in this window and B) that Lampard was in for another striker, which would make more sense to people suggesting Batshuayi coming to Villa.

To be honest I would take either Batshuayi or Giroud on loan as I think its crucial that we strengthen in that department but I think only the latter will leave Chelsea, personally.

I'm shocked by the Clarke comment to be honest, thought it was more that Bielsa didn't quite trust him in 'footballing' terms. Can't see it happening anyway, but the kids got talent and needs to be playing.

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I've only seen him wide left and sometimes right.

He's absolutely brilliant but won't sort out the midfield being a mess and letting everyone pass through us and charge on our defence.

This is the season Brentford can get into the playoffs as favourites. Stadium to pay for might be the only reason they would sell.

Griffin Park has already been sold to the developers who are building the new ground for housing, plus four blocks of flats are being built on the land the new ground is situated, and that makes the new stadium virtually self financing, so we have no need to sell any player, but Brentford's policy is not to stand in any players way if they wish to move on, providing the price is right, although the rumors around Brentford are that Benrahma wants to stay until the summer to see if we can get in the Premiership, but on the other hand money talks!!!.

6 hours ago, jonjon said:

Griffin Park has already been sold to the developers who are building the new ground for housing, plus four blocks of flats are being built on the land the new ground is situated, and that makes the new stadium virtually self financing, so we have no need to sell any player, but Brentford's policy is not to stand in any players way if they wish to move on, providing the price is right, although the rumors around Brentford are that Benrahma wants to stay until the summer to see if we can get in the Premiership, but on the other hand money talks!!!.

Didn’t Brentford buy a replacement for Benrahma in the Summer, however Benrahma never moved in the end? Surely a loan with a buy if we stay up is in everyone’s interest?

10 hours ago, New_Hope said:

Well at least we know the loans will be with an option to buy as that is what Purslow said was our approach in this market....Batshuyi with an option to buy would be good business. 

I wouldn’t count on it. We’re desperate now.

47 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Didn’t Brentford buy a replacement for Benrahma in the Summer, however Benrahma never moved in the end? Surely a loan with a buy if we stay up is in everyone’s interest?

Bryan Mbeumo, more of additional option/winger rather than his replacement in summer!

Mbeumo is having a great season! 8 goals and 5 assists in 21 Championship games this season

My friend Brendan McFarlane who is Head French Scout for Brentford bought over Benrahma, Bryan Mbeumo and also Neal Maupay! He's a good lad Brendan is and like me a phenomenal scout :)

https://twitter.com/LeScoutEcossais

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, cbr600rr said:

who ever villa go for..i hope the scout who said wes is your man dean is on holiday 

Suggested by an agent... He probably got a fee for it too as a suggestion to Suso.

I wish clubs would stop listening to agent's suggestions as majority of them are chancer's.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

I hope we sign a big powerful central midfield player, a pacy winger and a centre forward, in that order of importance. We also need Mings back ASAP.

The next three games are massive. They provide a great opportunity to gather some points. If we fail to get at least 5 points then I think whoever we buy/loan in January will almost become immaterial. It’s also so important that even if we fail to beat Norwich and Watford we do not lose. We must not lose!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

Bryan Mbeumo, more of additional option/winger rather than his replacement in summer!

Mbeumo is having a great season! 8 goals and 5 assists in 21 Championship games this season

My friend Brendan McFarlane who is Head French Scout for Brentford bought over Benrahma, Bryan Mbeumo and also Neal Maupay! He's a good lad Brendan is and like me a phenomenal scout :)

https://twitter.com/LeScoutEcossais

Can’t we buy Brendan McFarlane?

• Haha 1