January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I know a Rangers fan and when the rumours started linking us he sent me a message, “Hands off”. Which would suggest they like him. He comes with the usual caveat of can he make the switch up? He’s certainly fiery which I like, provided he’s got it more or less under control, which reports suggest that he has. Sent off last week though! 

I’d say he’s a risk, but I’m not sure there are many signings that aren’t. 

I’d say that even free transfers are gambles if you take wages and a signing on fee in to account

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Image result for we need more meme

Max Power (Sunderland) ?? :D:D................................................................................................ on second thought's he's an awful footballer!!! ;) 

skysports-max-power-sunderland_4398542.j

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Herman22 said:

I'm going to go against the trend here. I don't want wholesale changes. For me a winger with a bag of pace and a poacher type striker. 

For me that's Said Benramha and I'd see if we can get  Gayle from Newcastle on loan. 

We need to keep the faith with the players bought in the summer. They will come good. 

Benrahma.. Yes.. exactly what we need

Re: Dwight Gayle

giphy.gif

Edited by Villan4Life

11 minutes ago, Farlz said:

A midfielder needs to become high priority in January now. 

Our midfield would be fine if we actually played our best players in there, a CF that can score is an absolute must.....but gonna be interesting to see if the board back the manager, have a feeling they might hold back given his recent results.

Centre midfielder now moves it's way onto the priority list, along with striker and winger.

If we don't have the money to buy for all 3 positions we are going to have to bring some of our loan players back.

O'Hare - Still raw but has been brilliant for Coventry, could possibly do a job out wide whilst Grealish is moved back into the middle.

Hogan - We know he's not what we need, but he's the type of striker we are missing. In the same mould as Ings and Long, who both ripped us apart yesterday.

Green - Inconsistent, but then AEG and Trezeguet are also suffering from the same problem.

I think the whole summer recruitment was sort of based on the fact that we could go down and they'd all stay and then bring us back up as they'd improved.

Can't see it without Jack Grealish holding their hands.

Trez and Wes, over £30m. Zero to minimal football ability.

Targett, Luiz, Nakamba, over £35m. Talented but soft. Don't seem to know how to play their positions at times. Normal stuff like where to stand.

Centre midfield is our number 1 priority. We need an athletic, powerful, box to box, tall beast who can win the battle in the centre of the park. A Viera/ Keane to pull us out of the doo doo when we need it. A winger and then CF to finish it off would also be nice!

5 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Centre midfield is our number 1 priority. We need an athletic, powerful, box to box, tall beast who can win the battle in the centre of the park. A Viera/ Keane to pull us out of the doo doo when we need it. A winger and then CF to finish it off would also be nice!

Sander Berge it is.

Just need Nyland to convince him to come here and not to Liverpool or London :D 

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I think the whole summer recruitment was sort of based on the fact that we could go down and they'd all stay and then bring us back up as they'd improved.

Can't see it without Jack Grealish holding their hands.

Trez and Wes, over £30m. Zero to minimal football ability.

Targett, Luiz, Nakamba, over £35m. Talented but soft. Don't seem to know how to play their positions at times. Normal stuff like where to stand.

None of them are likely to stay if we drop. 

Mings, Jack, McGinn (maybe not if out for 6 months), Heaton all dead certs to go.

Trez, nakamba, el ghazi, targett, guilbert - all more than likely to go.

So we'll be in the championship which took an absolute freak run of wins (and still only got 5th) to get out of, with a shitter team. 

16 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

None of them are likely to stay if we drop. 

Mings, Jack, McGinn (maybe not if out for 6 months), Heaton all dead certs to go.

Trez, nakamba, el ghazi, targett, guilbert - all more than likely to go.

So we'll be in the championship which took an absolute freak run of wins (and still only got 5th) to get out of, with a shitter team. 

Who the hell is buying any of them apart from Fred G?

The elephant in the room and something I have no clue about is the FFP. How much can we realistically spend? I know we planned on spending big no another striker before the summer window closed, but the newspapers lately have written a lot of weird stuff. Is there truth to it?

Secondly, IF we were to go down, how would we have to adjust our spending? I know a few sales would change things, Mings for instance is probably a £ 40 million defender now. 

huge month ahead. if DS keeps the same players etc you get the same results,if you play wes up top ho does not score ..you get the same results.

the bigger picture, if DS takes us down, the better players are off so DS  has to bring in players.