January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Would probably carve up in MLS and flop hard in PL. That's my quick impression from YouTube reels and detailed stats. If he was halfway decent PSV would hang on to him or a bunch of clubs other than an MLS team would be after him

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sounds like just what we’ve got!

+ Strengths

Key passes
Very Strong
Taking set-pieces
Very Strong
Blocking the ball
Very Strong
Long shots
Strong
Through balls
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Concentration
Strong

- Weaknesses

Passing
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak
Tackling
Weak

Gastón Pereiro's Style of Play

• Likes to do layoffs
  • Plays the ball off the ground often
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Does not dive into tackles

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/289327/Show/Gastón-Pereiro

That is his full profile

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I think people expecting a signing tomorrow or before Friday 12pm are going to be left very disappointed. This will go down to the wire. 

If thats the case we deserve to go down for not having any signings sorted for Jan when we knew we were already short in the area before Wes got injured

11 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Would probably carve up in MLS and flop hard in PL. That's my quick impression from YouTube reels and detailed stats. If he was halfway decent PSV would hang on to him or a bunch of clubs other than an MLS team would be after him

My biggest takeaway from the YouTube highlights is that he's going to the keeper's lower left on penalties!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, midian said:

If thats the case we deserve to go down for not having any signings sorted for Jan when we knew we were already short in the area before Wes got injured

Or maybe the teams that own the main strikers linked this window dont want to release them. Giroud, Batsuhayi, Benteke, Murray have not been moved on to any club

Tosun the only Premier League striker to move this window so far

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Agree with this. As an MLS attendee (hey you get live football where  you can right?) I can assure you its difficult to under estimate the quality level here. Its about 50% the pace and skill of the Championship if that. Poor league, fun because mistakes happen a lot and some very skilled (usually old) players sort of corset the entire league, but very poor quality overall.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Striker Cameron Archer taken off on 60 mins tonight in big FA cup youth game we were coming back in to.

Presume first team orders in case of Ghazi injury or something. Vassilev/Kodj only backups, we'll have to see if Kodj plays a part.

This is embarrassing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Our season could be over this time next week. 

I really hope we're not talking about this window in five years time.

God that makes me sad.

It'll be the summer one I'll be angry at.

Cheering myself up with the thought of how many Champions Leagues Jack Grealish will have.

48 minutes ago, Zatman said:

+ Strengths

Key passes
Very Strong
Taking set-pieces
Very Strong
Blocking the ball
Very Strong
Long shots
Strong
Through balls
Strong
Holding on to the ball
Strong
Concentration
Strong

- Weaknesses

Passing
Weak
Crossing
Weak
Defensive contribution
Weak
Tackling
Weak

Gastón Pereiro's Style of Play

• Likes to do layoffs
  • Plays the ball off the ground often
  • Likes to play short passes
  • Does not dive into tackles

https://1xbet.whoscored.com/Players/289327/Show/Gastón-Pereiro

That is his full profile

So Key passes very strong and through balls strong but passing weak?   Is he threading perfect through balls to his opponents and making back passes that get intercepted and lead to a goal?  Or can he make spectacular or shit passes but not simple ones to a teammate 10 yards away?

From the looks of the YouTube video we just need to make sure the rest of the league signs all the defenders and keepers from the Dutch league and we'll be ok.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Well woke up it sunny Oz to no news, Brighton are in worse form than us but without a striker we're friggin toothless....opportunity lost, if we lose the next two we will struggle to recover!

Brighton have only lost 3 times at home this season

I've seen many times posted on here that with Wesley was like playing with 10 men not that I agree

Edited by Kiwivillan

Pereiro is a 24 year old attacking midfielder who can also play on the wings, his contract is up in the summer so should be available for a reasonable fee, PSV paid €7m for him so we should get him for a similar fee. He hasn't played many games this season possibly because he hasn't signed a new contract would be my guess. He's a Uruguayan international and he's 188cm tall. Sign him up