January Transfers 2019/20

sne

8 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

If the Pereiro interest is real, I wonder if the goal is to keep him in that role as a 10 and move Jack out to a wing. 

I would certainly hope not. Jack is not a winger. He shouldn't be playing wide or as an emergency forward. He's wasted there. We lose too much of what he does best for us, when we play him out of position. He's one of the best midfield players in the league. That's where we should always be playing him. He is the player that pulls the strings for us in the middle and who makes us tick. If we need another winger, we should buy one along with a striker. Let's stop messing Jack around, play him in his rightful position and let him lead us to safety from the middle.

• Like 3

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

Wasn't exactly happy with our striker options at the start of the season, one of the areas I think the club got all wrong. It's only gotten worse since then and Wesley's been average at best, certainly not worth the money the club paid. 

Honestly not to keen on Benteke returning, though I doubt he'd be any worse then Wesley. Who knows what the rest of January will bring however. 🙁

Benteke scored 14 in second half of debut season. He only had one more than Wesley by this date. Loads wrote him off around January. Guess we'll never know whether Wesley would've come good second half of season but he looked good vs Burnley 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Londonastonvilla said:

The only way we could have signed a sought after player early in this window is if we offer the selling club a bid way over the actual  price of the player and we offer the player wages way above what they would expect to get.

Darren Bent says hi. 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Inbound private flight to BHX from Florence today, not one of the ‘regulars’.

did someone mention that young Brazilian Pedro from Fiorentina a few days back??

Rachid Ghezzal returning home to Leicester from his loan at Fiorentina?

53 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

highlighted a couple of points in bold. are you able to share your inside source where you know of these points to be true? or are you simply saying that this has obviously not happened on the basis that we still don't have a striker?

Yes. 

And the fact that we are starting matches without a striker. Which may get us relegated. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes. 

And the fact that we are starting matches without a striker. Which may get us relegated. 

so you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes then, who we've approached, and the number of targets we have...cool, cheers for clarifying

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Inbound private flight to BHX from Florence today, not one of the ‘regulars’.

Now this is the kind of news we have been missing!

Let the detective work start!

Just now, Genie said:

If it was a private jet wouldn’t it go to East Midlands?

No idea man :D 

Just looked at players from that area who might have a reason to fly in to that general area.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Well it’s my job mate, makes the shifts go a little quicker 😂

Quick! seek out the manifest. Do everything that you can which puts your job at risk to provide us with info... that's what is important! 

(to confirm - that's a joke, please do not put your job at risk!)

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 2