January Transfers 2019/20

sne

I don't think we brought in anyone in January the season we got relegated. Well, at least we got Reina and Drinkwater this season but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anyone else this window. There isn't gonna be a lot of people who are good right now who would join us at this point. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

30 minutes ago, useless said:

Slimani's injured, I've just been on the Monaco forum and they're talking about it on there, has a muscle strain, he's missed a few games earlier in the season with muscle injuries as well so I think it must be a recurring injury.

Good research, your user name is wrong. Next striker please.

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think we brought in anyone in January the season we got relegated. Well, at least we got Reina and Drinkwater this season but I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get anyone else this window.

I’m not surprised you wouldn’t be surprised

Id be shocked. 

edit: in fact I will happily have a bet with anyone that at least 2 more players are incoming. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not surprised you wouldn’t be surprised

Id be shocked. 

edit: in fact I will happily have a bet with anyone that at least 2 more players are incoming. 

I'd happily take that bet if I didn't didn't like betting for outcomes I don't actually personally want to happen.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

Heard a rumour Tom Carroll is back up if Nzonzi falls through. Got unfinished business here and fits the, been shit for a while profile for this window.  would be a good signing. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

yeah goal and assist, lots of their fans saying they want him to stay...

They've been linked to Dani Olmo now so might need to free up some cash.

13 minutes ago, sne said:

They've been linked to Dani Olmo now so might need to free up some cash.

I think the club deffo want him gone, lots of fans think it might be a mistake judging from the social media reaction to his game in the cup. Ibra and Leao there looks like he's not first choice so if he wants to play he'll have to move anyway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Still want Bowen. A couple of strikers. A powerful midfielder and a left back...

And another centre half ...

If we were going for Bowen it would’ve happened by now, imo. 

Very keen on us signing Nzonzi if we could get him, though. Central midfield is a massive issue and he could work well with Luiz and Hourihane, or Drinkwater - if he can get fit and remember how to play football. 

13 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

Still want Bowen. A couple of strikers. A powerful midfielder and a left back...

And another centre half ...

Just need a 12 inch cock and a Euro lottery win...and I know you're going to say the cock is too small

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Hindsight's a wonderful thing but, imagine if we had gone in for Cahill in the summer. We could have had a centre back trip of:

Engels - Mings - Cahill 

I doubt our defence would have leaked so many with that trio. I think we need to look for a really solid, experienced, left-footed centre back to partner Mings and Engels. 

Tomorrow is massive. We need someone in for the next 2 games as they are huge and could do with with him getting a couple days training with the lads. 

If Kodjia is fit/not ill he has to start on Saturday as we can not afford this false 9 thing again. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Awol said:

If we were going for Bowen it would’ve happened by now, imo. 

He might be the one, that we think that we might get later at a lower price. If so, we may well be disappointed. Other clubs will be looking at him as well and might beat us to the punch. Hull might be reluctant to lower the fee until deadline day, on the assumption that someone will eventually crack and meet their asking price. That would be too long for us to wait, unless we have other forwards due to come in first and he is the icing on our cake. If we want him, let's meet their price, assuming we're not too many millions apart.

• Like 2