January Transfers 2019/20

sne

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Quick! seek out the manifest. Do everything that you can which puts your job at risk to provide us with info... that's what is important! 

(to confirm - that's a joke, please do not put your job at risk!)

I’ll keep an eye out that’s the best I can offer 😂

43 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Benteke scored 14 in second half of debut season. He only had one more than Wesley by this date. Loads wrote him off around January. Guess we'll never know whether Wesley would've come good second half of season but he looked good vs Burnley 

I remember being one of the doubters when Benteke skied a rebound into the Holte in a defeat to Southampton.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, The Inspiration said:

Right after a bit more digging the aircraft due in from Florence left here to florence on the 11th at 11AM. 

what day was it that man bun was spotted at villa park?

It could be Cutrone related, he's recently moved to Fiorentina on loan and would likely be using BHX to go back and forth. I'm just guessing of course.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

so you have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes then, who we've approached, and the number of targets we have...cool, cheers for clarifying

Neither do you. All we can do is judge things from how it looks from the outside, which is what this messageboard is about. Not sure what's confusing to you. 

1 hour ago, The Inspiration said:

Inbound private flight to BHX from Florence today, not one of the ‘regulars’.

did someone mention that young Brazilian Pedro from Fiorentina a few days back??

He's off to Grêmio.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Neither do you. All we can do is judge things from how it looks from the outside, which is what this messageboard is about. Not sure what's confusing to you. 

absolutely right, i dont, but you were posting as fact, as if you KNEW that there was nothing going on behind the scenes to the point that "heads should roll in the recruitment department"

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

absolutely right, i dont, but you were posting as fact, as if you KNEW that there was nothing going on behind the scenes to the point that "heads should roll in the recruitment department"

Well...is the evidence things haven't been worked on well enough that we're about to play the biggest game of the season without a striker 18 days into the window?

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

What's factual about it is we're starting matches without a striker. It's a fact we've obviously been lacking a depth in striker, or any quality striker since the last transfer window shut 5 months ago. It's a fact this transfer window has been open for over 2 weeks and we are still in a situation where we start matches without a striker, while other clubs (even those we might be fighting relegation with) have been able to sign a forward. And those clubs don't even need it remotely as much as us. 

Hope that clears it up. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

29 minutes ago, bose said:

🤔

Exactly what we don't need. 3 points up for grabs on Saturday. A 3 points that could secure survival, a 3 pts that will be near impossible to get without a striker signed.

...and still we are seemingly dicking about or unable to get a deal over the line. I am not one to complain about lack of movement, I understand how the January window works, everyone holds their cards until the last day and it all kicks off.
Saying that, it was and is absolutely imperative for us to get 2 strikers through the door right from the off.

Club's recruitment is a **** joke right now. If it gets to the Watford game and we are still keeping our powder dry people should be sacked.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...and still we are seemingly dicking about or unable to get a deal over the line. I am not one to complain about lack of movement, I understand how the January window works, everyone holds their cards until the last day and it all kicks off.
Saying that, it was and is absolutely imperative for us to get 2 strikers through the door right from the off

The problem is Rodders it is imperative to us, but not necessarily to any of the other people involved in the making of the deal. Even down to the prospects personal situation. We want him signed now but he could have stuff going on like kids at school, wife wanting to know what the house will be like etc etc. I know we would be paying a lot of money to them but these guys aren’t exactly struggling to pay their bills now anyway. That’s the trouble with dealing with humans, they’re just so unpredictable and well...human.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What's factual about it is we're starting matches without a striker. It's a fact we've obviously been lacking a depth in striker, or any quality striker since the last transfer window shut 5 months ago. It's a fact this transfer window has been open for over 2 weeks and we are still in a situation where we start matches without a striker, while other clubs (even those we might be fighting relegation with) have been able to sign a forward. And those clubs don't even need it remotely as much as us. 

Hope that clears it up. 

who else has signed a striker? watford have from udinese but they have the same owners and udinese have been their feeder club for some time

my point is that we have absolutely no idea what's going on behind the scenes but the likes of you have been jumping on the board saying how poorly a job they're doing with very little fact to back that up. if no one wants to join us, and/or the clubs dont want to sell to us, how is that the board's fault? it's like a car salesman being criticised for not selling cars when no one has set foot on the forecourt.

besides, this club, even since the steve stride days, has always been very good at hiding its deals from the press. wesley signing a classic example...they kept a £22m deal away from the press until the 11th hour. there wasn't even a sniff of a link with us to him.

• Like 1