January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Gaston Pereiro played RW for a season in 2016/17, but otherwise has very much been a #10 that we don't really need... and we definitely don't play atm.

I'd take him definitely as he's talented but would prefer a striker and an out and out winger with real pace if I can be picky, which I can't because we've **** around and need players.

Pereiro looks like El-Ghazi crossed with a bit of Hourihane. The main thing is not clinging on to the ball for too long in the final 3rd and knowing the pass before the ball has got to him. That said, they're from the good bits of play and maybe he's not like that in the main. A half-decent link at least and with him being out of contract in the summer, could be decent value for money and at a good age. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Gaston Pereiro played RW for a season in 2016/17, but otherwise has very much been a #10 that we don't really need... and we definitely don't play atm.

I'd take him definitely as he's talented but would prefer a striker and an out and out winger with real pace if I can be picky, which I can't because we've **** around and need players.

If the Pereiro interest is real, I wonder if the goal is to keep him in that role as a 10 and move Jack out to a wing. 

Even if we sign a forward today or tomorrow I doubt that they'd get thrown in straight away against Brighton with such short notice, going to have to hope that either Kodjia or Davis are fit, if not then I'd be looking to recall either Hogan or Hepburn-Murphy, even if only for a few games, as much as they might not be rated it's better to have them, than going into games without a specialized striker at all. Really hoping Davis is going to be fit, at his best he can make a difference.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think people expecting a signing tomorrow or before Friday 12pm are going to be left very disappointed. This will go down to the wire. 

This going down to the wire would be total mismanagement and heads should roll in the recruitment department. 

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Him and Jack behind Slimani (wishful thinking I know) in the 343 would be interesting.

samatta would probably stay with us if we went down...

that's the unfortunate reality, we sign piatek for example for £30m, great, we still go down...he's gone in the summer, probably at a £10-15m hit too, we sign benteke on £100k a week, he'd kill us next season

its another thing to think about when complaining we cant sign anyone or get a deal over the line, we have to protect ourselves against still going down despite the signings

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

samatta would probably stay with us if we went down...

that's the unfortunate reality, we sign piatek for example for £30m, great, we still go down...he's gone in the summer, probably at a £10-15m hit too, we sign benteke on £100k a week, he'd kill us next season

its another thing to think about when complaining we cant sign anyone or get a deal over the line, we have to protect ourselves against still going down despite the signings

Benteke in the championship, i reckon despite the 100k a week nasty wage Villa would have to pay, he'd be a monster and ruin defences.

2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Benteke in the championship, i reckon despite the 100k a week nasty wage Villa would have to pay, he'd be a monster and ruin defences.

I don't

he's a busted flush, I think his desire for it all would be questionable anyway, in the championship it would be worse, the PL on loan with the buzz at VP that would follow him I can see the gamble, it would lift the fans which would hopefully lift the team, long term though he's just not there anymore

It's funny how last season we slated Steve Bruce when we were massively short at centre back.

This season we're about to play our 3rd game in a row without a recognized striker and Dean Smith hasn't taken much flak.

Not that I want Smith to get slated... just think it's a little odd. It's pretty embarrassing for a PL club to be in this position.

Crossing my fingers we sign a striker today, a 4.5 hour journey each way to Brighton on Saturday without having a striker is not the weekend plan I was looking for.

1 minute ago, wilko154 said:

It's funny how last season we slated Steve Bruce when we were massively short at centre back.

This season we're about to play our 3rd game in a row without a recognized striker and Dean Smith hasn't taken much flak.

Not that I want Smith to get slated... just think it's a little odd. It's pretty embarrassing for a PL club to be in this position.

Crossing my fingers we sign a striker today, a 4.5 hour journey each way to Brighton on Saturday without having a striker is not the weekend plan I was looking for.

Bruce got slated after our business was concluded. Still 2 weeks left. 

• Like 1