January Transfers 2019/20

sne

22 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They will be paying his dental bills soon if he gets any older, there will be a Zimmer frame in front of goal for our second half of the season if we sign him.

First club ever to sign an OAP the way its going with these signings, they are getting older.

He works out though ill be happy.

Younger than Zlatan 

Honestly rather stick with Kodjia than have Rodriguez, Murray, Gestede etc

Though I know its all BS anyway, media doesn't know who we are after and are just throwing names around.

Rodriguez isn't happening. He's only just gone to Burnley and they're making use of him. Wouldn't make any sense for anyone.

This is going to be a rough window. We aren't going to be signing any flashy names. It's going to be the cast offs.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They will be paying his dental bills soon if he gets any older, there will be a Zimmer frame in front of goal for our second half of the season if we sign him.

First club ever to sign an OAP the way its going with these signings, they are getting older.

He works out though ill be happy.

I think what you’re missing is, that the club have spotted a gap in the market. Since the sad passing of Thora Hird nobody has fully replaced her in the stairlift marketing department. FFP sorted. 

• Like 1

Surely we've got to sign someone in next 48 hours, we are now putting in exile our only fit striker.

To me there dosen't seem to have been much planning upfront since Tammy got recalled. With all thse random names popping up in the press we're allegedly enquiring about it seems an odd way to go about the most important area in football.

4 hours ago, useless said:

I never believed the Piatek link to begin with, because of FFP I doubt we're in a position to be spending £30m on one player, if we want a player on that level I suspect it's going to have to be via a loan deal with an option to buy. Also, I know that they're two different players and people but I couldn't but help think of Cutrone, another young striker from Milan who had one good season with them, then went to Wolves and has struggled, now going back to Italy.

But what makes you think the payments would be this year. It could be structured that we get him now and payment is made in june ?

The thing with the Rodriguez link is, even if we assume that Rodriguez is exactly the kind of player we want... He's just gone to Burnley, they're playing him, it's his hometown club and the place he began his career at. To get him, you'll be paying over the odds and probably over the odds on wages too.

It doesn't make sense. You'd surely have similar options you could get that would offer better value or smoother purchases. 

• Like 1

I think the acceptance of Evans thoughts on Piatek and not on Rodriguez is down to the fact that 99% of people are going to think the Piatek rumour was nonsense deep down, and the Rodriguez rumour only makes sense on a mental ward.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I think the acceptance of Evans thoughts on Piatek and not on Rodriguez is down to the fact that 99% of people are going to think the Piatek rumour was nonsense deep down, and the Rodriguez rumour only makes sense on a mental ward.

I think it's most likely a result of people wanting to believe things that make them feel good, and not wanting to believe things that make them feel bad. It's all one giant Rorschach test. 

• Like 1