Jump to content

January Transfers 2019/20


Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, thunderball said:

According to John Harriet (Twitter), Drinkwater is done (18 month loan) and Batshuayi is a no-go as he is off to Chelsea on a swap + cash for Zaha.

 

That guy is an obvious fake that was outed a long time ago. In fact you can safely assume all ‘football agents’ on twitter are fakes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
32 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Newcastle fans seem to be as dead set on Bowen as we are, a couple of similar links there make me think it's Agents and/or journos just rehashing names across the board.

Bowen, Drinkwater linked to both, Samatta too although an older link for us. Morelos mentioned by both fanbases too

I thought Samatta would be great playing up front WITH Wesley, even on his own would be a good signing but perhaps outside our profile player

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

We are very much agreed on Giroud over Batshuayi. I know Giroud is older and hasn't played much recently, but he is good at a lot of the things we're weak at. My concern is whether a 33-year old Giroud who hasn't played much is capable of playing as often as we might need him to without picking up an injury himself.

If he was to join before we played city we have 17 games left to play in 127 days. Quite sure a 33 year old professional footballer can manage to play 90 minutes every 7.5 days on average

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kiltorken said:

I'd be concerned whether a French world Cup winner in the twilight of his career would have the hunger required to slug it out in a relegation dogfight. 

Christophe Dugarry and Youri Djorkaeff did OK all them years back

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Lmao ignore that bloke he posted this the other day. As much as i may like the sentiment behind this one he's obviously a troll

 

Ruben, Real Madrid are chasing you, are you interested? Not sure Jorge I might have to move house, what about Villa or West Brom instead 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Christophe Dugarry and Youri Djorkaeff did OK all them years back

Yes very true and it's quite possible Giroud would be a good signing as well but his lack of form for the last two years is worrying, not sure what Djorkaeff and Dugarry's form was like before they came to the prem. I wouldn't be against the idea at all, maybe I'm just still suffering from the trauma of signing has-beens the last time we were in the prem. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are Loans they have to be Loans with options to buy. I'm against just loans and us having to send a player back to his parent club who yet again got his career back on track at Villa. We shouldn't be doing hard work and not be able to buy these players if we choose.

There's nothing worse than the fact a player who before he comes here is low down on the parent clubs pecking order or isn't wanted by other clubs because they have struggled in previous seasons. Then what happens is they come to us and things work out for player and parent club, his value is back on track and his career and were left without a choice. It really hurt that we couldn't have Tammy, we hadnt got the choice and id be more than upset if that happens againto our club, let's do these loans right this time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

If they are Loans they have to be Loans with options to buy. I'm against just loans and us having to send a player back to his parent club who yet again got his career back on track at Villa. We shouldn't be doing hard work and not be able to buy these players if we choose.

There's nothing worse than the fact a player who before he comes here is low down on the parent clubs pecking order or isn't wanted by other clubs because they have struggled in previous seasons. Then what happens is they come to us and things work out for player and parent club, his value is back on track and his career and were left without a choice. It really hurt that we couldn't have Tammy, we hadnt got the choice and id be more than upset if that happens againto our club, let's do these loans right this time.

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly in theory, we're perhaps in a situation where beggars can't be choosers.

I'd rather we got a loan only player that kept us up than stick too rigidly to our principles and get inferior players or, worse still, no-one. Yes, by all means try and build for the future and get options to buy included, but don't let it be a deal breaker if we can't. We can't afford that with no viable strikers sitting 17th in the table in January.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

A Villa source has told Football Insider that Smith will tell club’s chief executive Christian Purslow and director of football Jesus Garcia Pitach during a meeting tomorrow to discuss January transfer plans he still wants Kalinic to be offloaded in this window.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/revealed-smith-tells-purslow-to-sell-aston-villa-7m-man-despite-injury-crisis/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recent reports, from the Express, suggest that the Blues will accept just £5 million for Giroud with his contract expiring in July.

That wouldn't be such a bad price at all for Giroud, would deffo say  bring Bowen on in as well if Giroud could be that cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly in theory, we're perhaps in a situation where beggars can't be choosers.

I'd rather we got a loan only player that kept us up than stick too rigidly to our principles and get inferior players or, worse still, no-one. Yes, by all means try and build for the future and get options to buy included, but don't let it be a deal breaker if we can't. We can't afford that with no viable strikers sitting 17th in the table in January.

I spose you are right but I'd prefer loans to buy all the way.

At least Smith has said:  has dismissed any Financial Fair Play concerns ahead of January spending – but warned fans there won’t be “endless” money to throw around.

Seems like there is abit of money to buy who were looking for, sounds alot like we will be looking for bargains and we won't be going after anyone way overpriced and expensive just to compete with others. I don't mind so long as we do our scouting right and make sure they will fit us and when they come in will want to prove themselves to the club.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

If they are Loans they have to be Loans with options to buy. I'm against just loans and us having to send a player back to his parent club who yet again got his career back on track at Villa. We shouldn't be doing hard work and not be able to buy these players if we choose.

There's nothing worse than the fact a player who before he comes here is low down on the parent clubs pecking order or isn't wanted by other clubs because they have struggled in previous seasons. Then what happens is they come to us and things work out for player and parent club, his value is back on track and his career and were left without a choice. It really hurt that we couldn't have Tammy, we hadnt got the choice and id be more than upset if that happens againto our club, let's do these loans right this time.

I mean ultimately it is down to the players themselves if they want to stay or not. I imagine the players who want to improve their career would really want to go back to their parent club and fight for a place ala Tammy/Walker.

Saying that though, I think Snodgrass and Grabban were gutted not to be able to stay with us and so was I. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

We need the right attitude in players... Giroud doubtless has the talent but we need to get the best out of him, is he going to be motivated in a relegation dog fight? There is a reason he’s a World Cup winner though, he’s a fantastic player when on it. 
 

Joe Hart... meh, if we get him and he’s good enough he’ll keep his place, if not we’ll still have Nyland so I don’t mind either way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â