January Transfers 2019/20

sne

6 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Great clip.

I am the only one who thinks Villa (and Everton) do not get enough respect.

I mean never out of the top six for points scored in league footballs entire history?

its like we are just having a little dip but only Villa fans seem to understand.

I'm a bit gutted our relegation saw the Everton Villa fixture drop off the top as the most played in the top flight.

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

So? If you don't speak a language you can't just say 'well 40% of my country do so I will now'.

Which is why I'd hire someone who is an expert in the field to review it.

I agree with you on plenty, but thought that was a very odd point. As for the mindset of knowing more than an expert could, I think we'll remain divided there. I'd see a lawyer to deal with legal issues, a doctor to deal with my health, a plumber to do my plumbing...you get the point.

I like to see players who make it their business to be successful in a place like England.

I like winners not chancers.

I like to see folk coming here and showing a positive approach to making it.....players like Thierry Henry and Patrick Viera, who show the arrogance to succeed.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I like to see players who make it their business to be successful in a place like England.

I like winners not chancers.

I like to see folk coming here and showing a positive approach to making it.....players like Thierry Henry and Patrick Viera, who show the arrogance to succeed.

I don't disagree with any of this.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

I'd be concerned whether a French world Cup winner in the twilight of his career would have the hunger required to slug it out in a relegation dogfight. 

Like Djorkaeff? ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TRO said:

But you say that, and so do I ..........but its a scandal we are still saying it.

I worry that the penny is trying to drop, but has not quite dropped yet.

Dean needs to toughen up in his view of premiership football......The last game was a little bit encouraging.

surely Dean can see what Nigel Pearson has done in wet day.....its so freakin' obvious.

Dean seems to have a slightly different idea of how to play the game. Fwiw I largely agree with you, I've said so before, but perhaps we're just plain wrong. It's an outdated approach tbh, and I don't really see Liverpool or Man City needing it, the way they move the ball. Perhaps that is what Dean is slowly trying to emulate? Don't think he's interested in turning us into the likes of Burnley, or Sheffield United. 

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Dean seems to have a slightly different idea of how to play the game. Fwiw I largely agree with you, I've said so before, but perhaps we're just plain wrong. It's an outdated approach tbh, and I don't really see Liverpool or Man City needing it, the way they move the ball. Perhaps that is what Dean is slowly trying to emulate? Don't think he's interested in turning us into the likes of Burnley, or Sheffield United. 

Regardless of quality Liverpool & Man City have an amazing work ethic and fight very hard to win the ball back when they lose it so I do think there's a balance there. I also think you've been slightly harsh on Sheffield Utd lumping them in with Burnley!

12 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yeah, I Know....but you can only play a style to as good as the players you have.....the trick is to get better players and blend them to your way.

Watch Liverpool and Man city very, very closely.

If you can't see, what I am talking about, I have failed.

Enjoy the flair, by all means.....but take time out to look at their physicality and their ability to stop the opposition playing.....its fascinating.

Burnely and Sheff Utd have an element of it, but do not have the same talent as them 2 

To be a great side....you have to have both and be able to switch in the circumstances the game demands.

To play all out attacking football or all out defensive football, is too single dimensional.....the opposition  will find you out.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Why the **** would we sign Drinkwater on an 18 month loan when he's covering a player who will be injured for 3 months, and we may not even be in the Premier League next year. What planet are these people on? 

This chap is about as connected as a kibbutz

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Newcastle fans seem to be as dead set on Bowen as we are, a couple of similar links there make me think it's Agents and/or journos just rehashing names across the board.

Bowen, Drinkwater linked to both, Samatta too although an older link for us. Morelos mentioned by both fanbases too

42 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I'm a bit gutted our relegation saw the Everton Villa fixture drop off the top as the most played in the top flight.

It didn’t I don’t think - we came back up just in time. Going into this season it had been played 202 times, and the next closest were 200 (Arsenal v United and Everton v Liverpool). Our win over Everton earlier in the season was the 203rd meeting, all in the top division. 

1 minute ago, Adam2003 said:

It didn’t I don’t think - we came back up just in time. Going into this season it had been played 202 times, and the next closest were 200 (Arsenal v United and Everton v Liverpool). Our win over Everton earlier in the season was the 203rd meeting, all in the top division. 

Really? I thought I'd read in our 2nd season down that Liverpool v Everton overtook it. Pleased if it didn't though!