January Transfers 2019/20

sne

3 hours ago, MarkLillis said:

Wingers have a worry for me all year.Trez,Jota,Anwar or Jack (out wide!) are not cutting it.

Two new wingers will change us dramatically.

As long as they are good of course .

Thats the worry, we keep signing players, we can't get a tune out of.....that alone has to stop.....its always panic buys, no due diligence.

I think the wingers are a major part of our problems, they can't beat their man, cross a ball or defend.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

We are not patient.......like with Hogan and Gestede?

to be fair we didnt give them long enough to prove their worth, i mean darn, we didnt even play the style to suit them......if we did they would have shown their worth.

:trollface:

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

to be fair we didnt give them long enough to prove their worth, i mean darn, we didnt even play the style to suit them......if we did they would have shown their worth.

:trollface:

Get outta of it.

2 minutes ago, useless said:

The time has come to stop signing hopefuls and to sign some bona fide footballing superstars who don't mess about and show their supremacy from the get-go.

Know any bona fide footballing superstars who would want to join a relegation favorite club in January?

Just now, useless said:

The time has come to stop signing hopefuls and to sign some bona fide footballing superstars who don't mess about and show their supremacy from the get-go.

I still think we sign too many the same and not enough diversity.....also we are either in a promotion battle or relegation battle, no time to develop, exacerbated by not signing durable characters to create a blend and cohesion of control.....not just pretty moments in a game to give us false hopes.

• Like 1

I don't know any personally but there would be some willing to sign if we paid the money, and 'relegation favorite' rather paints too gloomy of a picutre, when all is said and done we're still only one point from safety, so whilst we might be one of the favorites for relegation, we also still have an excellent chance of staying up

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Know any bona fide footballing superstars who would want to join a relegation favorite club in January?

Troy Deeney....He loves us, secret Villa fan.

8 minutes ago, useless said:

You mean how QPR did? 

I get where you’re coming from but that approach doesn’t always work either. 

Vincent Aboubakar

was being linked to a few Premier league clubs a year or so back, including Newcastle and Wolves, maybe he's someone that we could look, also his team mate

Moussa Marega

Was linked with us back in the summer, another who was linked with Wolves as well.

1 minute ago, useless said:

I don't know any personally but there would be some willing to sign if we paid the money, and 'relegation favorite' rather paints too gloomy of a picutre, when all is said and done we're still only one point from safety, so whilst we might be one of the favorites for relegation, we also still have an excellent chance of staying up

Mercenaries who would go anywhere for the right price? Sure, but its always risky signing these guys because they're generally over the hill and/or no longer have the desire and commitment we in particular so desperately need.

• Like 2

QPR didn't sign any 'footballing superstars' when they were spending relatively big money they were buying the likes of Chris Samba, and Loic Remy, and Junior Hoillet. The point is if you spend on proven quality you're more likely to succeed than if you spend on hopefuls. My proposal isn't that we try and emulate The Hoops as managed by Sparky, but look to what teams like Wolves have done, no reason why we can't find similar signings to the likes Jimenesz and Moutinho, one wasn't getting a game for Benfica and the other was becoming surplas to requirements at Monaco, but still were both proven quality.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, thunderball said:

=

For me, three decent loans: Pedro, Batshuayi, Drinkwater and the purchase of Bowen and that Vida would seem good, sensible business.

We can only make 2 Premier League loans and only 1 per club

26 minutes ago, useless said:

Most bona fide footballing superstars are not looking for a relegation battle.  It makes the January window even more difficult when prospective players know they could be relegated. I see two or three loan moves till the end of the season as the answer. I realize it is not building for the future but its all about survival now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Most bona fide footballing superstars are not looking for a relegation battle.  It makes the January window even more difficult when prospective players know they could be relegated. I see two or three loan moves till the end of the season as the answer. I realize it is not building for the future but its all about survival now. 

I agree with loan signings. It was loan signings that got us up last season - no reason to not have them again.

53 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Same thing isn’t it ? 

It should be! He’s on record saying he’s not a Villa fan though.

Can’t have too many complaints as I think he supports Hereford Utd so gone for the local team rather than choosing one for glory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I do know what useless means though.

How often in the last 10 years have our new signings just slotted into the team without any debate on how good they were?

I would like some signings to turn up and for me to go away after their debut thinking “that’s why we signed them then” not “why did we sign them?”

Edited by MarkLillis

The point with loan system is that we can use that to attract better players with options to buy, so if we don't survive they don't have to stick around, and if we do, we'll be in a position to buy them in the summer, that's actually our best way of signing some an higher pedigree of player to that which we signed in the summer, and again it's how Wolves have been operating.and they've shown what a succesful strategy it can be, Leicester did it this time last year with Tielemans, Clyne went on loan to Bournemouth, Batshuayi to Palace.