January Transfers 2019/20

sne

15 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

I agree that the current financial situation in football is broken. You only have to see how lower clubs struggle just to survive, I hate seeing clubs with passionate fans and a lengthy history go under. The current system benefits those that are at the top financially in football and it'll probably stay like that for decades unless things change. Don't get me wrong, I get why it was introduced but I can't see how there aren't better alternatives worth trying. It's not like some of the top clubs in the world are financially stable anyway, I remember reading a while back that Barcelona are heavily in debt.

At least we still have Football Manager to dream. 😁

That’s why Barcelona are now having to sell their future stars off to us #feederclubarca

• Haha 1

Wanyama is finished. He can barely run anymore and that was always his greatest strength. I know it looks attractive because he was some player but those days are long gone. 
I didn’t want us to sign Drinkwater because of his questionable attitude but always felt if you could get him focused then there was a player to be saved but Wanyama’s legs have given up sadly. We definitely need someone of his ilk though

• Like 4

Leeds signing Jean-Kevin Augustin on loan with an option to buy from Monaco. Hadn't had a great season but he's a young player with a lot of talent who can play across the front three. He was at Leipzig before and had a great season a year or two ago before falling down the pecking order and moving to Monaco.

Could be astute business by Leeds, certainly a risk but potential for huge upside. Kind of signing that would have us all over it you would have thought, interesting to see how he does there

I think that if we signed Wanyama and Pereiro we would massively improve our chances of staying up. Pereiro is still young at 24 and has a great scoring record for an attacking midfielder. He could play wide right of the front three and Jack could go back in the middle behind the striker. Get Wanyama in midfield to give us some protection and we'll be sorted. 

Edit: didn't realise Wanyama has no legs these days. Swiftly onto the next player who knows how to win tackles please 😁

Edited by Villarocker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

FFP hasn’t stopped clubs going bust, but it’s slamming the door shut after the horse has bolted. The top 4/5 have colossal earning power because they are at the top table: champions league/Europe,  all the TV money, international fan base due to exposure, bigger squads, all the decent kids and reserves who they loan out and then sell.

let alone Villa, how will Burnley’s etc ever, ever make it now?

I think the Champions League is what ruined domestic football in Europe. It has slowly established a wealth elite that is difficult to break.

Don't even watch the bloody thing since it moved to bt cos im too tight to pay for yet another subscription

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Yes please to Wanyama! He’s an excellent defensive mid. We’d probably have to have get rid of a midfielder or two though otherwise the wage bill will go mental? Unless he’s just a loan?

If the last couple of transfer windows have proved anything, it’s that if you’re from an obscure African nation, we want you!

4 minutes ago, Hornso said:

If the last couple of transfer windows have proved anything, it’s that if you’re from an obscure African nation, we want you!

Sign all the East Africans! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

I think that if we signed Wanyama and Pereiro we would massively improve our chances of staying up. Pereiro is still young at 24 and has a great scoring record for an attacking midfielder. He could play wide right of the front three and Jack could go back in the middle behind the striker. Get Wanyama in midfield to give us some protection and we'll be sorted. 

Edit: didn't realise Wanyama has no legs these days. Swiftly onto the next player who knows how to win tackles please 😁

Has to be something in the Pereiro links given he was pictured outside Villa Park a week or so ago. Much cheaper option than Bowen or Benrahma.

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wanyama at the right price would be a solid move I feel. Somewhere around 5m and it gives us a bit more experience and resolve in midfield. 

You've clearly not watched him last few seasons. Absolute spent force. 

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Wanyama is finished. He can barely run anymore and that was always his greatest strength. I know it looks attractive because he was some player but those days are long gone. 

It's clear to me some posters don't watch football beyond Villa. They want a player from name recognition that was good several years ago

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

FFP hasn’t stopped clubs going bust, but it’s slamming the door shut after the horse has bolted. The top 4/5 have colossal earning power because they are at the top table: champions league/Europe,  all the TV money, international fan base due to exposure, bigger squads, all the decent kids and reserves who they loan out and then sell.

let alone Villa, how will Burnley’s etc ever, ever make it now?

I think the Champions League is what ruined domestic football in Europe. It has slowly established a wealth elite that is difficult to break.

Its the child of a man utd ceo

The club that generates the highest revenue in the world want a rule that links your spending to your revenue... Yeah makes sense

Its the biggest disappointment with Lerner for me, I believe he saw it for exactly what it is, he wanted nothing to do with it but he turned his back on it rather than being vocal over it, his background position not in the limelight, not doing interviews was bollocks, he should have been shouting from the rooftops about how **** shit it was, should have killed the rule rather than throwing his toys out of the pram 

• Like 1

Some unbiased Spurs comments about Wanyama who they loved

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/victor-wanyama.18493/page-63

"How **** bad must everyone else be at training for Vic to get a game?"

"Like digging out yer Dad's old brown and orange kipper tie....

Retro; but not in a good way."

"It's sad because he was a beast, but he's broken. Injury's ruined him."

"Such a shame we only had one season from him, he was the powerhouse that gave everybody else the freedom to play. But it has to be recognised that he is finished as a top Premier League player and be allowed to move on, whether we get a fee for him or not. He's not even a useful sub, let alone a 90 minute player. Poor Vic, but time catches up with all of us eventually"