January Transfers 2019/20

sne

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Pereiro, Samatta and another forward could be sufficient maybe Nzonzi if selfish but think thats off

Piatek for the other forward? Spurs have signed a striker on loan, Seville have bid for Piatek but it’s allegedly too low. Could we swoop in and sign the lad? Possibly, assuming he doesn’t get any better offers elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

Drinkwater, Nzonzi, Samatta, Slimani, Vida and Pereiro or Callejon would be more than we had hoped for.

More than we're getting probably as well though?

€10m for Samatta will look like very very good business if he can get near 10 goals for us by the end of the season!

2 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Piatek for the other forward? Spurs have signed a striker on loan, Seville have bid for Piatek but it’s allegedly too low. Could we swoop in and sign the lad? Possibly, assuming he doesn’t get any better offers elsewhere. 

Gedson is a midfielder I think.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

More than we're getting probably as well though?

€10m for Samatta will look like very very good business if he can get near 10 goals for us by the end of the season!

Tough ask that. Coming into a league and expecting a 20 goal return in a relegation fighting side. Can't see it. 6 goals is probably decent enough. 7 and I would be well pleased. Hopefully he's a catalyst to get our other players to deliver more as well. 

I've seen some people say he runs around a lot, and that's exactly what we need after 6 months of slow arse Wesley. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

My feeling is he's not that keen and we are last resort, but also the only ones offering the right cash. So it will come down to the last few days and whether others up their offer - might still happen but unlikely.

6 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tough ask that. Coming into a league and expecting a 20 goal return in a relegation fighting side. Can't see it. 6 goals is probably decent enough. 7 and I would be well pleased. Hopefully he's a catalyst to get our other players to deliver more as well. 

I've seen some people say he runs around a lot, and that's exactly what we need after 6 months of slow arse Wesley. 

Yeah totally it is, but we make a shitload of chances though.

3 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

You’re correct, central midfield. 

Looks like we’d be second best in a choice between us and Spurs, that’s if Levy is prepared to put a proper bid in. 

It's also Sevilla and Leverkusen.

40 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Was banging them in last season, but this time around he's only got half as many goals as Dieumerci Mbokani who was pretty shocking at Norwich and Hull........

Hopefully down to a change in play style or position and our play style is more like their previous season's.

Alternatively, it's showing you how much you develop after a season or two in English leagues,  and we should perhaps be patient with some of our signings.

Tosun will cost, from what I read, between 60-100k per week in wages, one million for the loan, and an addition 17m GBP to sign him at loans end.

He's been a target for Crystal Palace under Hodgson for years with him knocking back their approach to sign him from Turkey after his breakthrough there.

It's no wonder it's the only significant outlay for a player so far this January, as it seems the move was a possibility for some years and finally went through.

I still don't think Benteke is likely to end up here. Palace aren't going to just let him go for pittance, they will try and milk our situation, despite having Ayew and Tosun.

They may be 9th but they are still only 8 points our better with 48 still to be played for. Which highlights the exact reason why we shouldn't jump to commit to recruiting desperately.

Potential moves for household names will be few and far between as clubs want a premium for giving up squad depth, let alone match day contributors.

That's why I'd be ecstatic with N'Zonzi should that come through. Same as I would've been had Gaitan come on a free.

All the top teams are using their forward players with some regularity aside from Origi at Liverpool, who's still integral to their plans should injury hit or rotation be favourable.

Cheslea looked like a good place to shop with some of the best talent the game's seen available, it's no surprise Giroud has agreed terms with Inter who are rekindling.

Just lastly a point to @KenjiOgiwara, Tosun was actually behind Demba Ba and Gomez in the pecking order in the Turkish league for a time.

He's not a bad player, in fact I think he's played pretty decent football at times for Besiktas and Turkey, but he's no guarantee to retain the goal record that got him his big move.

My point is that a 3rd choice player in Turkey can go for 30million after a breakout in form over two seasons. So you can imagine the difficulty and fee to bring anyone in here, now.

Being an understudy to both Ba and Gomez would've helped Tosun immensely, and we need to be targeting players who are similarly at a point in their career where they have desire.

Batshuayi is a perfect example, as he would be busting to play, both at this point in his career and to break the Belgium squad. But he will more than likely be beyond us.

At a guess the delay in signings is not only due to availability and willingness but most of all suitability. They will have to be convincing in the role we offer them.

We're going to have to be smart because we don't have much leverage in any deal unless a player is on the move anyway, or surplus to requirements.

Outside of that it's pay a fee that's going to entice a club to accept the loss of a player mid-season. Not cheap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

i like the look of Samatta. Seems quick, not afraid to shoot, eager to make runs in behind defence. All based on youtube clips granted but could be a good signing. Very different looking player to Wesley

That's the key for me. We're too goal shy in the final third, nobody wants the responsibility to take on a shot. And if you play one up top he has to have mobility and stretch defences this allowing others to run into the spaces created. Just need our other players to utilise that space.