January Transfers 2019/20

sne

Just now, tomav84 said:

who else has signed a striker? watford have from udinese

There you go. Technically a winger, but he's played as a forward as well from what I can see. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

1 minute ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There you go. 

you totally ignored the rest of my post!!!! they have the same **** owner! they're their feeder club!!!!!!!!!

you spoke in plurals, like our rivals were signing strikers left right and centre...so who else has?

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

I've already covered the rest of your post. You just don't seem to take it in. 

19 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

while other clubs (even those we might be fighting relegation with) have been able to sign a forward. And those clubs don't even need it remotely as much as us. 

clubs....plural....who else has signed a striker please? aside from one that they can just shift between clubs simply as they have the same owner so can just decide the fee etc on their own?

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

clubs....plural....who else has signed a striker please? aside from one that they can just shift between clubs simply as they have the same owner so can just decide the fee etc on their own?

Ok. I'll remove the s. And I can add it once another club signs a forward before we do. 

Ok. I'll remove the s. And I can add it once another club signs a forward before we do. 

Should change other to another while you're at it. Or just do the easy thing and say: I was wrong 😉

3 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There you go. I'll add it right away then. 

Palace are not a relegation rival but fine, crack on

My point is it's really bloody difficult to sign players when you're in the position were in. I'm confident that efforts are being made...feel free to stay grizzly at the board

Edited by tomav84
  • Like 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not sure how the club can be defended for our striker situation. It’s pretty shambolic for a Premier League club. 

I agree. Given the fact that we knew we needed one, even if Wesley wasn't injured, suggests poor planning.

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

In a non Kenneth Williams way, would you have taken either of them?

Tosun - no. 

and I don't know anything about the guy Norwich signed. 

But I don't think that is the point, it was more so that it is difficult to sign players this month - which it is, and our position doesn't help. But, there are still players out there who want to play in England and would be worth half a season in the prem, and then a full season in the championship...so little risk. Just gotta find them out! 

(and to cover all doubt - Yes, I think players which we sign, will have to agree to the possibility that we may be relegated, and so we are recruiting whilst planning for next season in either league)

Edited by Tayls

6 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Tosun - no. 

and I don't know anything about the guy Norwich signed. 

But I don't think that is the point, it was more so that it is difficult to sign players this month - which it is, and our position doesn't help. But, there are still players out there who want to play in England and would be worth half a season in the prem, and then a full season in the championship...so little risk. Just gotta find them out! 

(and to cover all doubt - Yes, I think players which we sign, will have to agree to the possibility that we may be relegated, and so we are recruitment accordingly)

Bearing in mind this will be our sole striker and if it goes badly then we're down. We need someone to keep us up...not just a backup, which palaces and Norwich's signings seem to be. Norwich will be planning for next season in the championship, we need Prem quality

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

that's the thing, we're desperate for a striker but if we'd signed tosun with his 9 goals in 44 games record and generally not playing very well people would be pissed over that too

exactly. it's been widely reported that benteke has been offered to us...we can have him if we want him and the club has "yet to respond". which is what gives me the impression that the board are working on bigger fish.