January Transfers 2019/20

sne

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

HV I think it's a little harsh to use that stick to beat DS with - Kodjia looked completely disinterested the last time he came on and none of us know what his attitude is like behind the closed doors of BH.

It was obvious that in the presser that he's off and DS definitely isn't going to miss him (reading between the lines of how he spoke about him.)

@HanoiVillan I also think maybe a deal is agreed (with Forrest) for Kodjia which will proceed when we secure a replacement, so maybe he's wrapped up in cotton wool until then so as not to jeopardise any deal - he walks away for nothing in June.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Not sure I agree, we know the club doesn’t like loans and we know from the summer we kept saying one or the other on potential signings like Nakamba or Luis and we brought both and the same with defenders.  So I can easily see Piatek and Samatta just as easily as Piatek and a loan.  

Also nobody expected spending as much as we did in the summer, people were saying from the start that expecting to spend 100m was fantasy, we blew past that, then 120m and we blew past that and hit I think 140+m and there were strong rumours that we were in for another striker on or near deadline day which didn’t happen at the end.  So who knows.....

I was referring to spending €40m this window, I thought it might be Piatek and a loan but not two purchased strikers. As you say though, who knows....

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Mat Kendrick's Dentist said:

Did you win?

Difficult memories. It was all going swimmingly until I made eye contact with my grandma cheering me on in the audience and I went from leading to 3rd place in an instant. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

i'm hoping Deano is just keeping things close to his chest re: midfielder.

Obviously we need strikers/forwards, but I also think we are desperate for a big, strong midfield controller.

Desperate, is the word.

Nzonzi, would do fine.

• Like 1

Has smith ruled out anymore midfielders coming in? We need abit of steel in there, nzonzi would provide that, we have been so light in there since the loss of mcginn. If theres a chance we could get nzonzi in id do everything to make it happen hes got more experience and grit than anything we have at moment.

• Like 2

I do hope we are ok with ffp, Derby getting stung by FFP.  It seems that they think their stadium resale was over valued and have in fact recorded losses in a year period.

Hope we didn't do the same

Edited by supermon
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, supermon said:

I do hope we are ok with ffp, Derby getting stung by FFP.  It seems that they think their stadium resale was over valued and have in fact recorded losses in a year period.

Hope we didn't do the same

Watching their punishment will likely by a good indicator of what the hell will happen to us if we get reprimanded.

They did value their stadium a fortune though, £80m I think? When we valued VP at £40/50m.

I've been to the iPro a few times. It's out of town, in the middle of nowhere on a big empty business park type place. No way is it prime real estate worth that dough.

1 minute ago, deeps said:

Where you see this mate? Would be some signing. Can’t see it myself. 

A few sources, the dailystar being one. Apparently Pepe Reina has been speaking to him. It has been reported that Callejon knocked back an extension with Napoli.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

That needs to be Suso's head. Also we're not really in a position to get PL players that anything but unwanted cast offs 

I know.

But funny picture is funny.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

@HanoiVillan I also think maybe a deal is agreed (with Forrest) for Kodjia which will proceed when we secure a replacement, so maybe he's wrapped up in cotton wool until then so as not to jeopardise any deal - he walks away for nothing in June.

Which if this is the case would be f****** crazy. We gamble playing no striker, potentially 3 points and our PL future for the chicken feed we may get for Kodjia. I'd be surprised if we were this retarded....or would I?!

• Like 1