January Transfers 2019/20

sne

12 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Which if this is the case would be f****** crazy. We gamble playing no striker, potentially 3 points and our PL future for the chicken feed we may get for Kodjia. I'd be surprised if we were this retarded....or would I?!

Smith has confirmed Kodjia will not play vs Brighton and has been given permission to talk to other clubs

Nice to be linked and I'm sure we'd be interested but have to wonder how likely the N'Zonzi connection is going to be, even if the fee is as low as 14 million reported by The Mirror.

I've read Lyon have turned him back due to wage demands, that Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Everton are all interested in his services.

Knowing how true any of that is doesn't really concern me but one thing it does highlight is that there will be interest from other suitors.

5 minutes ago, Villarocker said:

Weren't we linked with Samatta in the summer? His he any good? 

At £8m he has better stats than Wesley - no question it's a roll of the dice - but at his age and price he may prove useful beyond this season.

1 hour ago, supermon said:

I do hope we are ok with ffp, Derby getting stung by FFP.  It seems that they think their stadium resale was over valued and have in fact recorded losses in a year period.

Hope we didn't do the same

The Championship can't touch us now we are in the PL, its different rules. If we go down though not sure where we stand, unsure if the slate is wiped clean or not?

29 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Which if this is the case would be f****** crazy. We gamble playing no striker, potentially 3 points and our PL future for the chicken feed we may get for Kodjia. I'd be surprised if we were this retarded....or would I?!

But Kodjia isn't interested, we can't get a tune out of him, Smith could play him but he would just mope around wasting a position.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sulberto21 said:

N’Zonzi could be the difference between relegation and staying up. 

Depends on the price. Fee of around £14m and wages to match .....even then safety is guaranteed.

14 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nobody is disputing the current situation, the discussion is about whether it's good or not.

Would free up nearly 40k in wages. He's on considerably more than McGinn..

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

But Kodjia isn't interested, we can't get a tune out of him, Smith could play him but he would just mope around wasting a position.

I think people who are having a dig at Smith for not playing Kodija need to get to specsavers. Either that or they didn’t watch the Burnley and Fulham games. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 4

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think people who are having a dig at Smith for not playing Kodija need to get to spec savers. Either that or they didn’t watch the Burnley and Fulham games. 

In addition he has lost the speed in his game since his injury that season. He’s played in the Premier League well done but unfortunately he isn’t good enough even as a squad player. Before his injury yes then I think he would have thrived. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Giroud would've been the instant starting striker for Villa and he chooses the Inter bench. Idiot.

Might be the idiot who lands a serie A winners medal though to add to his collection.

• Like 2