January Transfers 2019/20

sne

12 minutes ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

Worth it for the song potential alone. Get him in.

i'll have a go:

He's Ally Samatta,
It's football that he plays.
He's Ally Samatta,
Scores the goals that we crave.

He means no worries,
for Villa on matchdays,
He's Ally Samatta.

Edited by fightoffyour

7 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Looks like he had a fantastic year last season, 23 in 38 league games while scoring 9 in the Europa League. 

Just the 7 league goals this season though but does have 3 in the Champions League.

Yeah scored at Anfield. Europa league and CL scoring shows he can be effective against better opposition than you get in Belgium so looks like he has more about him than Wes.

A cautious welcome.

5 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yeah scored at Anfield. Europa league and CL scoring shows he can be effective against better opposition than you get in Belgium so looks like he has more about him than Wes.

A cautious welcome.

Wesley scored 2 (in 2 different games) against Monaco in the CL and 1 against RB Salzburg in the EL.

It's a reasonable fee, he's got a fairly good goal ratio, he's played in the Champions League. The only thing lacking is Premier League experience but that's in short supply.

Just my opinion but there's really nothing not to like about this deal given the situation we find ourselves in.

• Like 1

Okay everyone: I want sightings of grey coloured Range Rover Evoques (is that what car it is?) heading into the UK via the Tunnel. Belgian plates. If we've any VTers who are in the traffic police, that would be very helpful. Give him the old blues and twos up the motorway and we'll be good. Get him in for training tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Apparently needs a work permit, so hopefully this deal has been going on for a while in the background and we won't have to wait long for him to be available.

Would expect him to meet criteria, although perhaps would have to go to appeal process. Regular international (although Tanzania are ranked really low at 134), decent fee and likely on decent wages too.

Might take a bit of time to come through though so might be after the Watford game. Who knows with these things.

Edited by Wes

11 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

i'll have a go:

He's Ally Samatta,
It's football that he plays.
He's Ally Samatta,
Scores the goals that we crave.

He means no worries,
for Villa on matchdays,
He's Ally Samatta.

Rubbish.  You gotta no respect.

• Sad 1