Cameron Archer

Zatman

6 minutes ago, Villarcana said:

He needs to play next year. He needs a few starts, Ings and Watkins need to be sweating on a place with Archer about.

He's not that young anymore, has been banging in goals for fun, has clearly worked on his strength in the gym, 

If we saw a player tear up the championship like Archer did and we were linked we would be saying 'get him in,, etc etc',

the standard of his goals were quality, check out the youtube reels. He scores from all angles, 

No more loans, just throw him in, we create chances we have Buendia, Coutinho, McGinn, Kamara, theres chances in this team. A goal scorer scores in any standard if he gets chances.

And his celebration is awesome, he's called Archer, looks good to me!!

Yes no point loaning him out next season. Hes proved he can score at every level hes played. so needs to be part of our squad. 

• Like 2

Archer is a rare breed in todays game in that he’s a natural finisher. There aren’t many about nowadays. Could potentially save us a fortune if he keeps on progressing.

13 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

We'd be pretty excited if we were linked with a young kid who did what he did in the championship and now at u21 level. 

I actually don't think we would, based on the Championship stuff.  He scored a handful of goals for Preston.

The thing is that we have a vested interest in him so it's great to hear about him playing well.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

I actually don't think we would, based on the Championship stuff.  He scored a handful of goals for Preston.

The thing is that we have a vested interest in him so it's great to hear about him playing well.

7 goals in 20 games in his first stint of first team football is pretty good at that level. 

I think he'd be quite an exciting prospect, especially scoring 3 in 2 games for u21 as well. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I sincerely hope Villa can manage his development correctly. Be it giving him game time at Villa or finding home the right loan. 

this boy is going to be a very good striker. You can’t train instincts like his 

We are . We have . We will. 

The way he has come on in 12 months has been incredible. He was barely a footnote in most peoples thinking , as to him becoming a first team player.  I have said it before but him filling out and getting taller this last 18 months has allowed him to show the ability he has

2 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Another one Southgate will be trying to take the credit for 

And will try and make him move from Villa before he'll be a regular international.   That or he'll say goals are all well and good but he doesn't get back to help the defenders.  

Really looking forward to seeing how this lad develops. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

His performance against Chelsea and his loan at Preston convinced me that he’s good enough now to get 15/20 minute appearances until January at least. Start him in the Carabao cup too . Hopefully the like of Carlos and Mings won’t take it easy on him training.

I’m conflicted on whether he should go back out on loan.  I think more regular football on loan will do him the world of good than 15/20 minutes here and there at the Villa.  On the other hand he’d get to train with a better quality of player here and could make the difference on the pitch.  I’m still edging to loan though, at least until January, I just think regular competitive game time is invaluable at his age.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I’m conflicted on whether he should go back out on loan.  I think more regular football on loan will do him the world of good than 15/20 minutes here and there at the Villa.  On the other hand he’d get to train with a better quality of player here and could make the difference on the pitch.  I’m still edging to loan though, at least until January, I just think regular competitive game time is invaluable at his age.

I’m thinking the same but in the opposite way to how you have said it. 

Just goes to show we need European football. 

Â