Cameron Archer

Zatman

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Problem being if we do that then we need another striker for next season pushing him back down the pecking order

I hope he gets the chance pre season and that he takes it, he's done his spell in the championship now give him the chance 

Could save us £50m this kid 

He seems to have this air of nonchalance after he's scored, like all top strikers possess.....like " was you expecting anything less"

His confidence is certainly building....and looking like the real deal.

I am tempted to say, he stays and learns off the stars we have.....I think he needs to be around us now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

This time last year he was on loan with Solihull. I remember looking forward to seeing him starting against Barrow. Not been a bad 9 months for Cameron, has it?

He’ll have a career at a high level. Another season with Preston might not even be needed?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently taller than Salah, Mane and Jota and about same height as Son.  

Taller than Vardy as well whi has done fine

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah he’s shorter than all of them. Wiki is wrong.   He’s our Michael Owen. A fox in the box.

Is no height on his Wiki though

He is taller than his team mate Sean Maguire who is 1.75

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is no height on his Wiki though

He is taller than his team mate Sean Maguire who is 1.75

He is 1.75m according to transfermarkt.

EDIT: and fbref

Edited by sparrow1988

1 hour ago, Enda said:

This time last year he was on loan with Solihull. I remember looking forward to seeing him starting against Barrow. Not been a bad 9 months for Cameron, has it?

He’ll have a career at a high level. Another season with Preston might not even be needed?

Well this is the tough decision isnt it.

Personally I dont see what he gains against coming up against Rotherham, Wigan etc. Type defences next season. And also training every day with inferior players. 

But then equally, will he actually play for villa, no point being around if not involved in first team games. It's a tricky one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Personally I dont see what he gains against coming up against Rotherham, Wigan etc. Type defences next season. And also training every day with inferior players. 

But then equally, will he actually play for villa, no point being around if not involved in first team games. It's a tricky one.

All depends if we can shift one of Watkins/Ings… if we do, he’ll be in the squad, if not, it’s looking like the championship again, or maybe a loan to Germany would be nice 

It’s a tricky one, we’ve only really seen him once against Chelsea in terms of strong opposition and he looked good. How about when he is regularly up against Premier League defences? Is realistically going to be better than Watkins or Ings? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

171m on the clubs website. 

I make that 1 and a half Elphicks! 

It wouldn't surprise me if the club hadn't updated his profile since we signed him in 2009 aged 8 so I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, turvontour said:

I think this is a bit disrespectful to the Championship. Wasn’t that long ago we were losing 3-0 to one of them teams.  If he has any chance of making it in the Premier League then he should be banging in at least 20 goals in the Championship over a season. (If at a team looking for promotion). 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

This looks like we are inventing our new VT unit of measurement.

Long gone are the days of the Imperial Elphick. Bring on the new and improved metric Archer

100 arrows to the Archer.  10 Archers to the crossbow.

Â