Cameron Archer

Zatman

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Statistically short players are better than tall players.

Maradona or carlton Cole?

I rest my case!

Small sample size but I'll accept it as theory proved.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Nigel said:

Statistically short players are better than tall players.

Maradona or carlton Cole?

I rest my case!

wow...... a bit selective that

On the ground, they are.....Lewandowski and Benzema are good in the air and on the floor....Ronaldo wasn't bad for 6'2 either.

They all have their idiosynchrasies.

7 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Everytime I hear this it reminds me of being on Broad Street as a youth, when John Fashanu pulled up asking for directions.

"Lads, do you know where the Garden House is?"

To which my mate replied, "yeah, just continue straight on the Hagley Road and it's on your left. Oh, and if you're wondering where the goals are, there's one at either end of the pitch you useless word removed."

He drove off unamused. I often wonder if he ever found that pub 🤔

or the net.😀

I used that pub, in my youth and ran a pub on the Hagley Rd for 8 years.....The footballers used to use the pubs on the hagley Rd, frequently.

• Like 1

On 08/06/2022 at 19:21, TRO said:

or the net.😀

I used that pub, in my youth and ran a pub on the Hagley Rd for 8 years.....The footballers used to use the pubs on the hagley Rd, frequently.

An the politicians used to use the other place on Hagley road whenever they had a regional conference. 😉

We often play with 2 strikers. So we need at least 3.

I suspect that unless the right player becomes available who is clearly an improvement on what we have, which will be hella difficult to find given our relative position, Archer is about to hit the jackpot.

3 hours ago, messi11 said:

Would send him back to Preston. See if he can score 15-20 Championship goals

He has already shown that he’s perfectly capable of doing so, why does he need to show it again? 

If we think it’s better for his development because game time will be limited, fair enough, but he has nothing to prove to us at that level. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He has already shown that he’s perfectly capable of doing so, why does he need to show it again? 

If we think it’s better for his development because game time will be limited, fair enough, but he has nothing to prove to us at that level. 

Agree

I'd rather he stayed with us and targeted 10 goals, start the season 3rd choice end the season 2nd choice or even 1st

We're sat here with not a fat lot of confidence in our 2 main strikers and then a youngster no doubt chomping at the bit, he must see what an opportunity there is right in front of him

Sending him out on loan and buying a new £50m first choice striker will do him no favours, if he's ever going to be put first choice I feel like it's this year or it won't happen, I also feel like he at least looks like he's doing his part to make that happen we just need to give him the opportunity 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Because you cant score goals and improve when you sat on the bench

3 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I’ve answered that already in the second half of the post you quoted. If we sign another striker and don’t move one of the existing two on then sure. Otherwise we need him, and there will be game time I’m sure. We can then reassess in January.

8 minutes ago, messi11 said:

He can improve, he trains with the first team and gets an opportunity off the bench, the big ifs are Gerrard giving him that opportunity and him taking it

For me he's done enough to get the chance 

We send him away on loan and get another striker in what does his future at villa look like? Still a sub but behind someone else 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

He can improve, he trains with the first team and gets an opportunity off the bench, the big ifs are Gerrard giving him that opportunity and him taking it

For me he's done enough to get the chance 

We send him away on loan and get another striker in what does his future at villa look like? Still a sub but behind someone else 

Chelsea do it all the time! you know what the future at villa looks like that only the crème de la crème of talent rises to our first team. 

Cream Of The Crop Macho Man GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1

Â