Cameron Archer

Zatman

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

clinical..reminds me of Defoe.

He has composure in front of goal, which is priceless....and accuracy of a prolific scorer.

I think he needs a chance, with us.

Agree. Give him pre season at least. Keep him the first half of the year and he can start in the cups. Loan him out the day after United beat us in the FA Cup third round if he’s not getting enough minutes in the PL.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the_eristic said:

With his movement, we've got to get him on the pitch with Phil and Em10.

He has movement, positional sense, game IQ, and a decisive quick reaction.....not to mention  lethal pegs.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Aye. I’m rarely amped up about young strikers until they’ve done it at the top level, I’m a veteran of the Moore brothers. But this kid has that little something extra, he plays with a swagger that belies his years. I really, really like him.

Me too, Dave.

I feel, I can see things that are special with this boy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He has movement, positional sense, game IQ, and a decisive quick reaction.....not the mention  lethal pegs.

And he’s strong, quick, tricky, nice first touch. Basically the total package without necessarily excelling at any one thing enough that you might pigeon hole him. Oh and he can finish, which is handy for a striker.

• Like 1

Should at least be given a good chance in pre-season before any talk with certainty that he needs another loan.

Most of us thought Ramsey needed another loan before last season but look how much he kicked on when he got an opportunity to prove himself.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Should at least be given a good chance in pre-season before any talk with certainty that he needs another loan.

Most of us thought Ramsey needed another loan before last season but look how much he kicked on when he got an opportunity to prove himself.

i'd like to think this applies to any loaned out player that SG has yet to see in the flesh. yes, even the likes of guilbert.

realistically it's another loan, i'd wager he'll go back to preston.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

And he’s strong, quick, tricky, nice first touch. Basically the total package without necessarily excelling at any one thing enough that you might pigeon hole him. Oh and he can finish, which is handy for a striker.

That first touch of his is something else. It gives him that split second extra to find the target. Seems to get instant control. But yes. No weaknesses to his game at all. 

• Like 1

Side of his game that goes a little underratted is his ability to run with the ball at pace and go past players, seems many see him as mostly just a poacher, but he has more to his game than that, has actually played a lot of games more as a wide forward than as the central striker... I always liked this assist he got for Solihull against Morecambe...

Morecambe were promoted to League One that season, so he was playing against a decent standard of player as well, and he was still eighteen at the time.

• Like 1

I think Archer is the first youth team striker I can think that is going to be gold, the other youth strikers before like Gabby and Vassell relied just on pace but Archer can smell a goal 

I think we should keep him around next season and not send him on loan, he just has a goal scoring brain like a Defoe or Inzaghi

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We have to trust our instincts......but he looks special to me, we can't keep dithering and sitting on the fence.....he showed his class against Chelsea, sure one swallow doesn't make a summer, but he keeps following it up, in any games thrown at him.

He has to be given a chance.

Couldn't agree more....it's easy for us to get excited after a few championship games and U21 appearances, but I (and a few of us in the pub) have seen enough of this lad to hope he isn't loaned out next season. He's good enough to challenge the other front 2 on his own merits......he's hungry, two footed, decent in the air and doesnt give defenders a minutes peace. It would be daft to think his development would be better served trolling around the championship - he needs to be challenging for a premier league spot with us and even if not a regular starter, with 5 subs he should be on the pitch most weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think Archer is the first youth team striker I can think that is going to be gold, the other youth strikers before like Gabby and Vassell relied just on pace but Archer can smell a goal 

Vassell had some bad luck eh. Doesn’t ever really feature when I think about our strikers of the past but not sure how many others won 20+ caps as an England striker while at Villa. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We'd be pretty excited if we were linked with a young kid who did what he did in the championship and now at u21 level. 

A bit like Weimann?

6 in 10 at U21 level

22 this season in The Champ

;)

I am messing though...there is something special about Archer.

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We'd be pretty excited if we were linked with a young kid who did what he did in the championship and now at u21 level. 

Btw. I'd say his Championship record doesn't stand out especially. Especially with what's a fairly small sample size, we probably wouldn't take any notice of his record alone. Yes he's only 20 but you'd need to score better than 7 in 20 to impress people on here ;)

What does stand out however is the reports about his performances and general ability from Preston fans, they are glowing.

Exciting player.

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Btw. I'd say his Championship record doesn't stand out especially. Especially with what's a fairly small sample size, we probably wouldn't take any notice of his record alone. Yes he's only 20 but you'd need to score better than 7 in 20 to impress people on here ;)

What does stand out however is the reports about his performances and general ability from Preston fans, they are glowing.

Exciting player.

I do love our fans (not aimed at you at all, but you mentioned the goals scored).

Archer (7 in 20) gets rave reviews from Preston fans, “knows where the goal is” and is an exciting player. Davis (5 in 15) gets rave reviews from Forest fans and was a key cog in their promotion, “doesn’t score enough, isn’t a PL player” and we want to move him on :D 

• Like 2

Â