Cameron Archer

Zatman

5 minutes ago, pete101 said:

In an ideal world this would be perfect, but players are infected by greedy in most cases terrible vermin that we call football agents, it would be a huge mistake to allow a player to have complete control

But surely they wouldn't be in control. Is it not just us triggering a clause and a contract is agreed upon in the future, but in the present? I don't know the in's and out's of it, I just know it could be a sensible financial consideration.

Agreed about the football agents!

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad idea. Sell him for £7-8m with a £15-£18m buy back. Or something along those lines. 

Immediately helps with FFP (especially as he's homegrown) and we can just buy him back in 2 years time if he goes on to be successful. It's a trend you're seeing with all the big clubs at the moment. Look at what Chelsea did with Livramento - he was far and away one of their best youngsters, but they did what they did to probably help them spend more money on Lukaku/Havertz etc. (not exactly gone well). 

I'm convinced these types of deals are just a way to fiddle the books anyway and everyone benefits.

Pelters welcome. 

No chance, hardly going to fill him with confidence. And why would he want to come back after it. I’d rather just loan him or play him 

• Like 4

I vote we keep him till January, give him opportunities in the cups and if we prove we don't need him come start of next year we can let him go out on loan again.

He's more than proved he deserves a chance.

Obviously if we do sign another striker then it's a different matter. I like Ings but watching him miss chance after chance at the end of last season cost us so many points it proves we need a third option, just like thinking Ash was ok cover for half the team if they got injured proved a bad idea.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

We will be bringing in another forward of that I'm pretty much certain, and it will be someone that's seen as an upgrade on what we already have, just because people on here don't know who that might be doesn't mean it isn't going to happen, I'm sure we will have someone in mind.

This new player won't be seen as an alternaive to Archer, he will be seen as an upgrade on Ings and Watkins, we're trying to get into Europe, we need better, we're not messing about, we haven't improved the defence, and midfield, and creativity areas to the extent we have to only then go and leave the forward line as it is, that area will be strengthened as well.

Archer I'm pretty sure will be going out on loan, only way that doesn't happen is if we sell Ings, then keep Waktins, new striker, and Archer as striking options, but will probably be more beneficial for Archer to let him go somewhere and be first choice for the season.

A buy back clause wouldn't stop a top club coming in and matching our buy back clause offer and him going to them instead.

It works for the top clubs because if a team like City want to buy a player back then the player will likely want to return, Archer might not want to.

8 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

A buy back clause wouldn't stop a top club coming in and matching our buy back clause offer and him going to them instead.

It works for the top clubs because if a team like City want to buy a player back then the player will likely want to return, Archer might not want to.

The buy back clause is only applicable to the club that sold him... Kind of the point. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

The buy back clause is only applicable to the club that sold him... Kind of the point. 

The release clause would only force them to accept our bid at the agreed value, the new club would still have complete discretion whether to accept or reject any bids from a 3rd party club at any value, and of course the player would still have to agree to the switch anyway

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

That's fine if we are the only club interested. There's nothing that stops the club that bought Archer then selling him on to another club.

• Confused 1

Â