Cameron Archer

Zatman

Every time I watch him it's so exciting.

He certainly knows what to do when he has the ball at his foot in the penalty box. Quick shift to either side and gets the shot on target. Very good to see Ramsey assisting one of his goals aswell.

Hype machine incoming but you'd like to think this is our best chance of a Kane type coming through our ranks given 18 months back Louie Barry was the one understandably getting the hype and Cam was going under the radar.

Senior England call up in 12 months time can also be realistic target now aswell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stegzy said:

This lad is an ice cold finisher. Still don’t know if he has a weaker foot.

That's the most exciting thing.

In last 20 years our most promising young forwards to come through have been Vassell, Gabby and Weimann. All had good seasons but we know Vass and Gabby weren't the best finishers. Weimann's finishing was decent when he first broke through but that regressed over the seasons.

I know it's not premier league level yet but in last year Archer has scored in league cup, championship and now under 21 international level at a really good rate so that's hugely promising.

I think if he can get a goal or two early in prem in August/September he could have a massive season for us.

I wouldn't be loaning him out.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I’m conflicted on whether he should go back out on loan.  I think more regular football on loan will do him the world of good than 15/20 minutes here and there at the Villa.  On the other hand he’d get to train with a better quality of player here and could make the difference on the pitch.  I’m still edging to loan though, at least until January, I just think regular competitive game time is invaluable at his age.

I'd probably do the reverse. We've cup games and 5 subs. Plus there is the winter break for the World Cup so that will definitely be a training camp and a 2nd pre season. I think he'd benefit from staying around until January when he can go to Preston again of he needs more game time 

• Like 1

I'd be tempted to loan him out until January. That way he can play lot's of 90 minutes,  show he's made the full step up, and get proper games while we're on world Cup break.

Then comes back to us in January if he's shown what he want and we've decided whether Ings is officially past it or if he and Watkins have continued their form at the end of last season.

22 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tremendous story so far - but in a game against the likes of Leicester, is he going to offer more than Ings?

Ings is very good on the ball to be fair. I’ve not seen enough of Archer to even know what he’s like but I’d be surprised if he was anywhere near as good as Ings. He also drops deep often and will win the ball, Ings assist for Ollie against Norwich is overlooked imo and he did the same to set up Bailey against Everton. I feel like a lot of our hopes rely on the fact we need our midfield to be sorted out and then we can let our strikers be strikers 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 1

I keep on coming back to the quality of his finishing and thinking that we cannot do without him next season. I remember the Barrow game amd his superb hatrick. The Chelsea header. The 2 superb finishes tonight. The 2 goals v Mk Dons ..

But this hatrick was my favourite. The finishing is beyond clinical. He really does have the knack. 

• Like 1

There's no need to rush him through give him another full season in the championship. When he copies Abrahams and Watkins scoring tally he will be ready. A full season in the championship will be better than 15 mins every other week . Copy the formula Chelsea used on Abraham and mount.  

• Like 2

Of course his development matters but can we really afford to loan him? Having him as an option off the bench with the 5 subs rule is a no brainer for me. The guy is a born goalscorer.

Wouldn’t be surprised he’d end up starting games after that as well.

1 hour ago, stegzy said:

This lad is an ice cold finisher. Still don’t know if he has a weaker foot.

clinical..reminds me of Defoe.

He has composure in front of goal, which is priceless....and accuracy of a prolific scorer.

I think he needs a chance, with us.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

Â