Cameron Archer

Zatman

Pleased for archer, ideally will be 4 4 with archer getting a hatrick. Want neither to get 3 points.

He needs to keep developing this season and scoring against everyone bar us.

Best case is he hits 20 goals, Sheffield utd get relegated and we buy him back for the same price which was rumoured to be the deal.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Think of it this way

if we were looking for a new striker because we sell Watkins or he gets an injury or whatever 

if archer does well us and only us have a bargain for the price

if he flops then we look elsewhere 

it’s an absolute win win, don’t get the negativity. If he stayed, he wouldn’t get the minutes to develop. 

We should be used to it by now. 

I want him to do well. Good lad and from my home town too. But it’s only one game against a team that’s going to be relegated.  Bit soon for fans to be crying ‘what have the club  done’ but shouldn’t really expect anything else.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

It's literally been two games. One of which he looked average against Lincoln City. Let's all calm down.

He looks the part. I know it's Everton but his quality is obvious.  

The real question if we are to activate the buyback is if he can lead the line. I am still unsure there. 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Think of it this way

if we were looking for a new striker because we sell Watkins or he gets an injury or whatever 

if archer does well us and only us have a bargain for the price

if he flops then we look elsewhere 

it’s an absolute win win, don’t get the negativity. If he stayed, he wouldn’t get the minutes to develop. 

From watching him play he's playing more of an inside role rather than the pure CF so given we played Bailey in that position a few times it's a real surprise he was never given a start or two in that position.

He's certainly a lot more than a tap in merchant anyway for anyone thinking that's how he scored his goals at championship level.

We're paying another club to give him Premier League experience that he wouldn't get at VP.

Unless he's not good enough, in which case another club has paid to sign someone who was never going to play.

I know we're used to the traditional loan model, but that's not how big, modern clubs operate now.

New and different doesn't automatically equal bad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â