Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

2 hours ago, thejoker said:

I can’t imagine that Nakamba is on massive money (£40k per week would be my best guess). If they aren’t willing to do that for someone that was instrumental in getting them a £150m+ windfall, then they deserve to go back down again. The fee won’t be big (£4m-£5m) either. 

It's not 40k a week though is it. It's committing to that for 3 or 4 years that's the issue.

Stumping up a few mill isn't the problem. They'll do that for a Barsnley lad because the contract will be manageable.

I would if I was Luton be very weary about giving Nakamba a huge contract because if they start dishing those out(Nakamba wouldn't be their marquee signing)  and they go down theyll be crippled .

He'd be a good signing but I'd be banking on Villa letting him on loan again, they win, Nakamba is free in the summer to get a longer deal elsewhere so he wins.

We naturally get screwed.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 2

“Welcome to Kenilworth Road, Tahith Chong”

Now please throw your clothes into the incinerator and make your way to the Domestos bath for your welcome de-lousing. You’ll be required to self isolate for at least 10 days. 

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

If they can afford to fork out a large fee on Chong why not Nakamba!

Athletic reported the fee was £4mil and Man Utd would receive £1mil of that. 

£10mil for a player that was signed 12 months ago and had an okay to good season in the 2nd Division. Money's gone mad. Back in the day that money could be wasted on a Ross McCormack. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Probably don't think he's worth it.

Was pretty much one of their top-performing players during their playoff run. Difficult to generate great stats in his position but his passing success sticks out by a mile. 

I reckon they will have him if they can get him and it will be a good match for now and in the future.

image.thumb.png.3fade4fdc5b57e47ef5dee057563eb47.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turvontour said:

I'd have thought wages is the problem. Would Nakamba take a pay cut?

Because he will be on less wages, will accept a wage decrease, will jump at the chance to sign a deal with a PL club and has resale value obviously.

Villa pay average footballers too much money and are an easy pushover.

The problem we have is that we’ve loaned so many players out in recent seasons, clubs think they can wait until the end of the season and then we’ll do the same thing again.

Hopefully Monchi can help clear the decks and actually bring some money in for some of the players.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

The problem we have is that we’ve loaned so many players out in recent seasons, clubs think they can wait until the end of the season and then we’ll do the same thing again.

Hopefully Monchi can help clear the decks and actually bring some money in for some of the players.

I think there are two issues. Firstly the PL is too powerful and the wages we offer players other clubs in Europe can't compete with. It means moving players on is more difficult. Chelsea are smart giving their new players a low base salary with lots of add ons and pay increases that come with hitting mile stones like 100 PL caps etc. This means players who are fringe get much less than those who contribute the most. This fosters even more competition to play. 

The second issue is we have players that are not PL quality we need to move on. So we don't have other teams in the PL bidding for our players. Naka and Luton will happen I think in the end it's down to player wages and not a fee. Players like Traore, Sanson etc.. are trickier because they need to move abroad and permanently means pay cuts for both.

We need to offer Nakamba around other clubs, even if it's a loan deal. We can't be seen an easy touch , got done with Davies and Forest.

Part of the loan deal should have a promotion or performance clause that stipulate a fee if the loan goes well and the club hits certain levels, promotion or maybe even play offs. 

• Like 1

On 11/07/2023 at 17:41, lexicon said:

I think that's possibly overselling his contribution but besides, just because somebody gets you into the prem, it doesn't mean that they're good enough to play in it. Hourihane is a classic example of that. 

He was their player of the month during that period and I think was motm in one of the playoff games that matters. 

It's a gamble if they need to get someone else instead but it makes sense to them not rushing through with buying him as they might be able to get him cheaper if there is no other interest later in the window, not to mention a years loan if there are no takers at all when the window is closing. He knows the club so he's not missing out so much not being with their squad earlier.

That could of course back fire if they miss out on him or get desperate and have to pay what Villa are asking anyway.

18 hours ago, Tubby said:

Was pretty much one of their top-performing players during their playoff run. Difficult to generate great stats in his position but his passing success sticks out by a mile. 

I reckon they will have him if they can get him and it will be a good match for now and in the future.

image.thumb.png.3fade4fdc5b57e47ef5dee057563eb47.png

Hold on.. is that the James Bree which was once here as well?

3 hours ago, tinker said:

We need to offer Nakamba around other clubs, even if it's a loan deal. We can't be seen an easy touch , got done with Davies and Forest.

Part of the loan deal should have a promotion or performance clause that stipulate a fee if the loan goes well and the club hits certain levels, promotion or maybe even play offs. 

His contract expires next summer. No club is taking that loan

He'll be on a free next summer so will likely have to take a wage cut then (unless he thinks a Saudi club will want him).

Personally he had a good time at Luton, big fan favourite and will be playing every week for them so in footballer terms you wouldn't be against taking a small pay cut. Luton is just about commutable from the Midlands aswell, Snodgrass was coming up to play from us from Essex all those years ago.

Also if he plays well for Luton they'll be more interest for him from european clubs in a years time compared to not even making the bench for us so he can make up that wages shortfall in summer 2024 perhaps.

Â