Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Good luck Marvelous.

Does this mean we've made an FFP profit on a player?  Witchcraft.

Ah yes. When you make a loss on a player but class it as a profit because of time!

calculation-math.gif

yes, I know how it works.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

smith should have played him more, nearly had that big break through under gerrard, ultimately was just ok and not really good enough for where we want to be but he's still part of that villa squad that hit some really big popularity heights for me so i like him and wish him well

good move for him, ill be hoping they pull off a miracle and stay up

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

still clark vs leicester for me

hard to believe marv got booked for that let alone neville acting like it was a red, almost as bad as the mings on saka tackle for utter bullshit punishing a perfect tackle

edit - found it

i can remember the roar when that tackle was made, one of them proper tackles that gives the fans a buzz and a team momentum 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

smith should have played him more, nearly had that big break through under gerrard

What puzzles me is that Gerrard started playing Nakamba, he did brilliantly and the team did better. Then I think he was injured or suspended and missed a couple of games, but then never got another chance?

It's worked out brilliantly for us, but it was yet another baffling decision from Stevie Gee, I don't doubt he'd have scraped a few more results and stuck around longer if he'd dropped Marv back in

He's a decent but limited player, that fit in brilliantly into the complete chaos that we suffered under the scouse Bruce. 

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

What puzzles me is that Gerrard started playing Nakamba, he did brilliantly and the team did better. Then I think he was injured or suspended and missed a couple of games, but then never got another chance?

It's worked out brilliantly for us, but it was yet another baffling decision from Stevie Gee, I don't doubt he'd have scraped a few more results and stuck around longer if he'd dropped Marv back in

He's a decent but limited player, that fit in brilliantly into the complete chaos that we suffered under the scouse Bruce. 

You’re half right here. He did pick up an injury but it was more like three or four months he was out with it.

Returned for the final run in, but in a much reduced capacity, mainly appearing on the bench. Didn’t play again for us after the Citeh capitulation. Not a single appearance as a sub.

It’s not clear why he didn’t get a proper look in again (other than the ever valid “Gerrard” reason). Maybe they were easing him back, maybe he wanted to put Luiz in the shop window, maybe they had a god idea that Kamara was on the horizon. It was a little odd. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

that yellow card against aguero still really annoys me . class tackle. neville getting on his high horse in the commentary box too :angry:

Gary Neville is an absolute scumbag. Anybody that thinks his opinion is valid is an idiot

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

smith should have played him more, nearly had that big break through under gerrard, ultimately was just ok and not really good enough for where we want to be but he's still part of that villa squad that hit some really big popularity heights for me so i like him and wish him well

good move for him, ill be hoping they pull off a miracle and stay up

Where though? He was ok under Smith and apparently awesome under the clearing in the woods who never played him when he recovered

Nakamba was a fine squad player, never let us down 

Â