Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

7 hours ago, Dale said:

Think we booked a small profit vs purchase price. But when we bought him he was unproven in the Premier League. When we sold him he'd been player of the season and was coming into his prime.  And of course, Mings lacked a body of work at Premier League level. 

Marv, theoretically we should break even on (we won't). On basis that he is a known quantity in the league (more challenging than Belgian Pro League). We won't though. 

Bournemouth knew how desperate we were to get Mings given our other CB signings that summer were Kons, Hause and Engels (and Chester on one leg at that point) so they could afford to keep upping the price knowing we'd eventually pay it.

Marvellous is about 9th choice CM now so someone we need to get off the books and it's an obvious signing for Luton given his success there and previous prem experience so assume it will go through soon.

We overprice him and he just stays a drain on the wagebill and probably not even making the bench.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Luton got promoted and hes been vital to them. Anything less than £10m and we've been mugged off

Luton record signing was 2 million and will be shopping in that market this summer like Blackpool did

They apparently have only ever bought 2 players for over a million. 

Edited by Zatman

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Luton record signing was 2 million and will be shopping in that market this summer like Blackpool did

They apparently have only ever bought 2 players for over a million. 

They’ll obviously have more money to spend than that now they’re in the premier league but I don’t think they will go mad like Forest did last season. £5m + a couple of mil add one in the miraculous event they stay up, would be a decent deal for all parties. 

Edited by david-avfc

11 hours ago, Kingman said:

**** all to do with FFP, 

Luton could afford Nakamba/Steer

Forest/Watford could afford Davis 

Watford could afford Hause 

Strasbourg could afford Guilbert/Sanson 

Everton could afford AEG 

Sheffield Utd could afford Hourihane

Spilt could of afford Kalinic 

Board now... 

This is just a nonsense post. You have expressed to me you can't even construct a sentence let alone an argument.

I'll bid you good day. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

This is just a nonsense post. You have expressed to me you can't even construct a sentence let alone an argument.

I'll bid you good day. 

Oh dear... Someone's been balls deep in the Ascot Favourites!.. 

Never mind princess, it's Not all about you!.. 

15 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Luton got promoted and hes been vital to them. Anything less than £10m and we've been mugged off

Would you rather keep him and turn down £5m+? What's the cheapest you'd sell Marv for?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Luton if you want to be a PL club it's time to start paying PL wages.

Having a low-wage structure hasn't hurt them so far.

They have FFP to worry about and millions to be spent on Kenilworth Road to be able to use it next season. 

They are basically a upper league one outfit now having to gear themselves up to play in the world's richest league, and have about 2 months to prepare for it.

15 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The Zimbabwean media reported he was earning £55k pw, so you could imagine why it might be an issue, if that was indeed correct or close to the wage. 

i dont want to believe we paid Nakamba 55k p/w, but at the same time it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Hopefully he will be willing to take a pay drop for 1st team football, obviously, i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt.

I wonder if a loan fee plus wages covered, would be as beneficial, or almost as beneficial, as a low fee anyway?

I'll be livid if he goes on the cheap or another loan.

Conor Coady is apparently going to Leicester for 8m.... yet were having to haggle with another premier league club because they come to us cap in hand crying because they can't afford his wages.

Were not a charity ffs, hopefully Monchi comes in and tells them to do one and offers him to other clubs because he had a great season last year and i'm sure there will be interest.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

I'll be livid if he goes on the cheap or another loan.

Conor Coady is apparently going to Leicester for 8m.... yet were having to haggle with another premier league club because they come to us cap in hand crying because they can't afford his wages.

Were not a charity ffs, hopefully Monchi comes in and tells them to do one and offers him to other clubs because he had a great season last year and i'm sure there will be interest.

With respect to Luton, Leicester in the Championship would still be able to offer probably 3x the wages.

• Like 1

Frustrating that we can't seem to get fees for our squad players or even teams covering their full wages. Maybe not surprising that Luton won't be paying PL wages though but we should look to sell him elsewhere then if possible.

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont want to believe we paid Nakamba 55k p/w, but at the same time it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

Hopefully he will be willing to take a pay drop for 1st team football, obviously, i wouldnt be surprised if he didnt.

I wonder if a loan fee plus wages covered, would be as beneficial, or almost as beneficial, as a low fee anyway?

Thankfully, we’ve moved on from that era. Another Suso failure. Not to knock Marv, but we shouldn’t have been giving out a 5 year deal. Makes it near impossible to shift later. 

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

With respect to Luton, Leicester in the Championship would still be able to offer probably 3x the wages.

Maybe we should offer him to them then.

Ndidi is likely going to Celtic so they will need a DM.

I'm sure we could squeeze 5 - 10m out of them.

Â