Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

9 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

It's a win for us if we get a fee that covers the remaining amortised ffp cost of his purchase price + the salary we owe him.

The remaining book value is 2.2m.

The salary we owe him is about £1.8m.

So presumably we're looking for at least a 4m fee.

Given Nakamba is going to get most/all of that 1.8m by way of loyalty fee for not submitting a transfer request, surely he'd accept whatever salary they're offering him on top. And presumably they're offering a reasonable amount even if it isn't normal PL wages.

Maybe his expectations are misaligned because of when he signed for us.

Yes, I think it might end up as a Loan fee (ideally we'd want £4m+for him as you say). Then if they stay up they can offer him a new contract on xxx terms or if relegated they can offer YYY terms to him. 

Either that or he wants the security and then he drops is wage demands and signs for them now with a relegation clause on his salary. 

1 hour ago, nepal_villan said:

Crazy that a Premier League side claims it cant afford Nakamba’s wages.  What cheaper option do Luton plan on signing? 

I mean if Luton is being realistic (and it seems like they are), they are not yet at the level of being able to be a sustainable Premier League club. Their record transfer fee is roughly 1.2m pounds and from what I have seen online, Marv was on almost 4x the salary of the next player -- I think Horvath the gk they loaned from Forest was on around 10k -- but none of the players contracted to Luton themselves are close to that mark (or were, I think a couple just signed extensions)

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Luton are going to go down anyway. They probably don’t want to go down with us a massive wage bill.

So you put in relegation wage drop clause. 

Maybe Nakamba won't agree to one and would rather see out the last year at villa then move somewhere on a free. Can't say I blame him given he's got a pretty reliable injury record, Luton are almost certainly getting relegated and the wage drop means he's better off getting a new contract elsewhere in a years time where he'll get a signing on fee as no transfer fee is attached.

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

So you put in relegation wage drop clause. 

Maybe Nakamba won't agree to one and would rather see out the last year at villa then move somewhere on a free. Can't say I blame him given he's got a pretty reliable injury record, Luton are almost certainly getting relegated and the wage drop means he's better off getting a new contract elsewhere in a years time where he'll get a signing on fee as no transfer fee is attached.

Nakamba isn't really desperate to tie himself to a deal where realistically his money is getting halved to 10k a week next season.

That's why the talk of 8m is madness.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

I doubt Luton have anyone on more than about 5k a week, so I'd be amazed if he agrees a deal with them.

One way flight to Turkey it is...

Gerrard was a fan till he got injured 

I see Luton have managed to find the money to sign Andersen from Barnsley for an "undisclosed fee" reported by The Times as £2.5m over the weekend (unable to link). They have also been linked with Kaminski of Blackburn (who are looking for £3m - £4m (according to The Lancashire Telegraph - link below) and Small Heath's Chong (who they signed from Manchester United for £1.5m and will no doubt want more) and would have been able to find the money to pay Ashley's wages, had he been willing to sign for them. Not willing to cough up for Marvelous though are they:rolleyes:? They certainly have messed a player that did so much to get them up around haven't they? I knew they would and although I can see that they might want to go down with around £100m, as well as parachute payments, I don't accept that they could not have financed a small fee and Marv's wage demands if they had the inclination. Their transfer news to date suggests they could. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23645468.latest-luton-town-interest-blackburn-rovers-thomas-kaminski/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John said:

I see Luton have managed to find the money to sign Andersen from Barnsley for an "undisclosed fee" reported by The Times as £2.5m over the weekend (unable to link). They have also been linked with Kaminski of Blackburn (who are looking for £3m - £4m (according to The Lancashire Telegraph - link below) and Small Heath's Chong (who they signed from Manchester United for £1.5m and will no doubt want more) and would have been able to find the money to pay Ashley's wages, had he been willing to sign for them. Not willing to cough up for Marvelous though are they:rolleyes:? They certainly have messed a player that did so much to get them up around haven't they? I knew they would and although I can see that they might want to go down with around £100m, as well as parachute payments, I don't accept that they could not have financed a small fee and Marv's wage demands if they had the inclination. Their transfer news to date suggests they could. 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/23645468.latest-luton-town-interest-blackburn-rovers-thomas-kaminski/

Value for money I guess. They might only get one Nakamba instead of two or even three of those signings.

Definitely smacks of them aiming to get relegated though. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Value for money I guess. They might only get one Nakamba instead of two or even three of those signings.

Definitely smacks of them aiming to get relegated though. 

Agreed. It also smacks of them messing both us and our player around. I really hope that we put them in their place at the end of October and do our bit to help them towards the relegation trap door. 

I can’t imagine that Nakamba is on massive money (£40k per week would be my best guess). If they aren’t willing to do that for someone that was instrumental in getting them a £150m+ windfall, then they deserve to go back down again. The fee won’t be big (£4m-£5m) either. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

Agreed. It also smacks of them messing both us and our player around. I really hope that we put them in their place at the end of October and do our bit to help them towards the relegation trap door. 

How are they messing Marvellous and us around? Had they said they’d sign him?  

• Like 1

Theres being careful and then theres Luton. But this promotion lets them rebuild their ground and improve their training ground  .

With regards to Nakamba it is the exact same situ as Keinan Davis the season before.  Villa player goes on loan , is integral to how they play yet doesnt sign for them. Can i be the party pooper here and say maybe its us overvaluing him ? Theres no facts out there at moment, just opinions.  I believe we valued Keinan at between 15 and 20 mill. What if we have put a 10 mill price tag on him and Luton just find it too rich . Marv would take a paycut to play i am sure and would probably be happier with his future sorted by now. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I can’t imagine that Nakamba is on massive money (£40k per week would be my best guess). If they aren’t willing to do that for someone that was instrumental in getting them a £150m+ windfall, then they deserve to go back down again. The fee won’t be big (£4m-£5m) either. 

I think that's possibly overselling his contribution but besides, just because somebody gets you into the prem, it doesn't mean that they're good enough to play in it. Hourihane is a classic example of that. 

47 minutes ago, John said:

All 3 combined are probably on less than Nakamba

• Like 2

There's a lot of arrogance on this topic about Luton's lack of funds to buy someone who was important in their run in.

Maybe they've realised that he's not great on the ball, or they feel he's not tall enough to defend set pieces in the Prem.. Could be any number of reasons they've not said "here's £6m and a £40k a week contract for 4 years" - It just might not be sensible for them.

It could be that they're playing a waiting game, to see if his value drops towards the end of the window, or he may be keeping his options open for a move to another league which may pay him top wages.

We don't know, so do try and drop the "stop farting around and get him off our books Little Luton.." nonsense. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

This is the thing ain't it?

We are being biased because we want the money lol.

Have to look at it from a Luton perspective too though.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

How are they messing Marvellous and us around? Had they said they’d sign him?  

He did a great job for them, was voted their best loan signing ever and I seem to remember he went to them with a view to signing or it was mentioned during his time with them, that they would look to make the signing permanent. As has been said below, they decided to do a Forest on us. 

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Theres being careful and then theres Luton. But this promotion lets them rebuild their ground and improve their training ground  .

With regards to Nakamba it is the exact same situ as Keinan Davis the season before.  Villa player goes on loan , is integral to how they play yet doesnt sign for them. Can i be the party pooper here and say maybe its us overvaluing him ? Theres no facts out there at moment, just opinions.  I believe we valued Keinan at between 15 and 20 mill. What if we have put a 10 mill price tag on him and Luton just find it too rich . Marv would take a paycut to play i am sure and would probably be happier with his future sorted by now. 

Yes, I think that was the fee that was mentioned for Forest was £15m, but I'm sure we would have accepted less, but there wasn't an obligation to buy, as there would have been had Watford gone up. They took full advantage of that, as have Luton. I can't see we would have looked for £10m for Marv. Perhaps we would have tried for £5m - £7m, but been prepared to accept £2m - £3m. I doubt they were looking for anything other than another loan though. 

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I doubt they would be getting more combined than Marv, if they were all on Luton's wage bill. Possibly more than what we are paying him, but I think a deal could have been done where we helped with the wage difference, if they were seriously looking to sign him. 

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There's a lot of arrogance on this topic about Luton's lack of funds to buy someone who was important in their run in.

Maybe they've realised that he's not great on the ball, or they feel he's not tall enough to defend set pieces in the Prem.. Could be any number of reasons they've not said "here's £6m and a £40k a week contract for 4 years" - It just might not be sensible for them.

It could be that they're playing a waiting game, to see if his value drops towards the end of the window, or he may be keeping his options open for a move to another league which may pay him top wages.

We don't know, so do try and drop the "stop farting around and get him off our books Little Luton.." nonsense. 

I think he is good enough to help Luton in the PL, it isn't as if they are signing players for £10m + that would be a step up on what he could continue to give them. I think you are right they are waiting to see if we will give him to them on the same terms as we did last year. They are a PL team now and I think a deal could be agreed, if they wanted one, without making too big a dent in Luton's pot of cash. 

• Like 1

Â