Marvelous Nakamba

NurembergVillan

• 3 weeks later...

Anything more than 5 would be good, I assume we might get a bit more as Luton is promoted and he’s been an important player to them, they would do well to get a better player. They aren’t Forest as well which thought they could buy everyone. 

Luton have got their PL money for this season like the rest of us, so they should get on with it and do the deal. Marvelous did enough to get them up there, to not be left hanging, wondering whether they will cough up for him. They won't spend a lot. They probably know this will be a one season only visit, albeit one that will secure their financial future, but making this signing is the least they should do, for their fans and to give themselves a fighting chance of staying up. 

• Like 1

I think he's capable of playing DM for a PL team that doesn't get relegated. So if Luton sign him, they've done well. If they sign him for less than 5m they've done very well to get a player of his calibre. 

They won't get so lucky elsewhere on the pitch, but they'd be foolish if they don't meet our asking price on him... which I expect would be very reasonable considering his ability. 

You just know it will be one of those undisclosed transfers we never find out about. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Kingman said:

After all these years it still amazes me that we never install an obligation to buy clause with these types of loans 

One is a transfer, the other is a Loan. Obligations to buy are just ways of skirting FFP for the season. It allows you to structure it so you have x outgoing in the loan period and y in the years after the transfer completes.

7 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

less than what we paid Southampton!  

Think we booked a small profit vs purchase price. But when we bought him he was unproven in the Premier League. When we sold him he'd been player of the season and was coming into his prime.  And of course, Mings lacked a body of work at Premier League level. 

Marv, theoretically we should break even on (we won't). On basis that he is a known quantity in the league (more challenging than Belgian Pro League). We won't though. 

Edited by Dale

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

One is a transfer, the other is a Loan. Obligations to buy are just ways of skirting FFP for the season. It allows you to structure it so you have x outgoing in the loan period and y in the years after the transfer completes.

**** all to do with FFP, 

Luton could afford Nakamba/Steer

Forest/Watford could afford Davis 

Watford could afford Hause 

Strasbourg could afford Guilbert/Sanson 

Everton could afford AEG 

Sheffield Utd could afford Hourihane

Spilt could of afford Kalinic 

Board now... 

8 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Frustrates me how we were blackmailed for Mings, yet we can't seem to do the same to others. Even Newcastle "only" paid 13M for Target - less than what we paid Southampton!  

The higher we finish up the Premier League in years to come will mean we can shift our unwanted for more, it’s all about perception

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

Â